• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Oversigning.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Considering how close we are to national signing day, this is a site you should check out. It'll only get more attention in the next week and a half but they monitor these numbers year round. When they're not in overdrive, as they are right now, they basically look for guys who have been wronged as a result of oversigning.

Here is the most recent update on Oversigning in the "Oversigning Cup Standings" :

OversigningCupStandings.jpg

Ole Miss (SEC), Alabama (SEC), and USC (Kiffin :) ) are 'leading' the pack at +10.

But be sure to check out South Carolina's class of 31 and Arkansas' 28.

I'm not a big fan of the NCAA making the rulebook thicker, but this seems to be an area that needs to be reigned in. If you want to know why the SEC has five straight national championships, this is probably the biggest reason (well, that and the pay scale). It certainly creates and uneven playing field, but the worst part is that a lot of student athletes get hosed by these schools. I can see allowing oversigning by one or two to allow for recruits that won't qualify, but there's no reason to allow more.

Last edited:

In Texas I believe they call this "culling the herd." It sucks but as long as the NCAA allows it to happen, some school is going to take advantage of it.

maybe they should have to take a 1 point hit for every player oversigned for the entire season. they might not like it very well if they start the games down 10 points and lose by 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back