• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Overreaction?

I have no problem removing them from the band and requiring the course attendance. It is difficult to say if the removal of the scholarship is going overboard as we do not have the scholarship details. If someone lost a full ride scholarship then I would agree the school went too far but if someone lost a $1,000 scholarship I would not have a problem with that.

Kudos to Rodriguez, he sounds like a level-headed guy.

A reprimand to the students should have been sufficient, especially if this was a first-time occurrence.

I don't have a problem with it. I don't know if I would have gone as far as taking away their scholarship, but as band members, they were representing their school. We're not talking about a group of students who paid their own way to the game, but kids who get the privledge of traveling with the team on the school's dime. I don't feel sorry for them.

Kudos to Rodriguez, he sounds like a level-headed guy.

A reprimand to the students should have been sufficient, especially if this was a first-time occurrence.

Overreaction. I liked this comment from Rodriguez:

He said he doesn’t pay attention to that “nonsense, especially because Puerto Rico is a commonwealth.â€￾

Maybe they should be forced to take a remedial course in civics and US Government?

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with it. I don't know if I would have gone as far as taking away their scholarship, but as band members, they were representing their school. We're not talking about a group of students who paid their own way to the game, but kids who get the privledge of traveling with the team on the school's dime. I don't feel sorry for them.

Nailed it.

If its some sort of "band" financial assistance, then fine, pull it for being **************. If they had academic scholies, then they went wayyy overboard.

If its some sort of "band" financial assistance, then fine, pull it for being **************. If they had academic scholies, then they went wayyy overboard.

I rethought this. If they're going to kick them off the pep band, which I wouldn't argue against, then they should also pull their band scholarship. I agree about not pulling academic scholarships.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back