• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Outdoors Memes

1586740102287.png

Is that MABC chasing a rooster near the Missouri River?? Hopefully an old bow to be throwing it like that.
I'm sorely tempted to make comical use in my reply of a phrase combining the words "my big tough South Dakota" and an alternative word for rooster, but I'm going to go 90s Grunge instead:

Here they come to snuff the rooster, aww yeah​
Yeah here come the rooster, yeah​
You know he ain't gonna die​
No, no, no ya know he ain't gonna die​

I'm sorely tempted to make comical use in my reply of a phrase combining the words "my big tough South Dakota" and an alternative word for rooster, but I'm going to go 90s Grunge instead:

Here they come to snuff the rooster, aww yeah​
Yeah here come the rooster, yeah​
You know he ain't gonna die​
No, no, no ya know he ain't gonna die​

Wow. The music afficionados on here might make fun of me, but I had never seen that video. The lead singer looks like Blaine Anthony (the bear whisperer).

Wow. The music afficionados on here might make fun of me, but I had never seen that video. The lead singer looks like Blaine Anthony (the bear whisperer).
Layne Staley, who was also the lead singer for the all-star band, Mad Season. I know that this is going to come as a shock, but he was a 90s Grunge rocker from Seattle,... who died of a heroine overdose. He teemed up with guys from Pearl Jam, the Walkabouts, and the Screaming Trees (other Seattle 90s Grunge bands) either through parties involving heroine or while they were all in rehab for heroine addiction (there are contrasting versions of the story), which is how the group Mad Season came into being. I didn't particularly like the Alice in Chains sound, but he had a world-class voice. It shows up better in the Mad Season album*. I particularly liked this song:

Interesting factoid: Layne Staley and Kurt Cobain both died on April 5, which happens to be my birthday.

*I'm pretty sure that I'm in a minority in favoring his brief time with Mad Season over his multiple albums with Alice in Chains.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back