• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Our new DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told there is a 75% chance JP will be our new DC.

Could be. No one ever said we were looking to hire one from outside and maybe another position coach is what they're looking at. My guess is Steve Warren as d-line coach and it's as good as anyone's.

So, Bo seems to like to promote interns... do we have any defensive interns that have made a name for themselves yet??? For a wild guess, how about Bobby Jack Wright from OU? Would Bo ever add Jason Peter as a D-line coach?

So, Bo seems to like to promote interns... do we have any defensive interns that have made a name for themselves yet??? For a wild guess, how about Bobby Jack Wright from OU? Would Bo ever add Jason Peter as a D-line coach?
Where you going with this?

Bo should look at this as an opportunity, to totally let go of the defense, give it to stoops, trust him, and then submerge himself in the offense, and get it going, it would be difficult i know, but its a chance to improve the team

Bo should look at this as an opportunity, to totally let go of the defense, give it to stoops, trust him, and then submerge himself in the offense, and get it going, it would be difficult i know, but its a chance to improve the team

He's looking at it the exact opposite way actually.....

This was the worst defense he has fielded since his first year here, and this was the most hands off he has been.

I'd much prefer Stoops over any other name being thrown out there. I'm hoping that 25% shines through and we land him, but I just do not see it happening. I don't see Bo giving up control of the D. I think he began to do that this year, and it bit the team in the butt.

75% is just 75%. Believe me, I tried pushing for a more definitive answer, but I couldn't get it. Probably because it isn't out there just yet. :eek:

That is a fact....I still think Stoops will be 'N' if offered as the best he has been offered by Ohio State is as co-defensive coodinator (already interviewed on Wednesday)....I don't see a guy like that going from a head coaching gig to co-anything if a job like Nebraska is offered....

Then again if its money.....

The story below tells me he is looking for something better than a co-gig....

Stoops told the Lincoln (Neb.) Journal-Star on Friday that "of course" he'd be interested in joining Nebraska's staff if defensive coordinator Carl Pelini, as expected, leaves to become the next head coach at Florida Atlantic.

Pelini's brother, Bo, is the Cornhuskers head coach. The Stoops and Pelini families grew up together in Youngstown, Ohio, and attended Cardinal Mooney High School. Mike Stoops was a groomsman in Bo Pelini's wedding.

The Stoops-to-Nebraska rumors heated up Friday, two days after the former UA boss interviewed with Ohio State coach Urban Meyer for the Buckeyes' vacant co-defensive coordinator's job. If hired, Stoops would share the job with Luke Fickell.

http://azstarnet.com/sports/footbal...cle_0d199710-9750-55d6-9c5b-87bc50e7ed69.html

If John Papuchis is the next Defensive Coordinator at Nebraska instead of Mike Stoops, its about the money.

Last edited:
I wonder if Ron Brown is going to hang it up after the Bowl game? Could be some big changes again this year.

If John Papuchis is the next Defensive Coordinator at Nebraska instead of Mike Stoops, its about the money.

Many factors in play here, money apparently is not one of them.

One major factor as some have speculated, if JP gets promoted to DC, it would appear that Bo is going to have major involvement in the defense again.

Hiring of Mike Stoops, would signal the opposite, as a coach of this level one would assume he would be THE Defensive Coordinator in the traditional sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back