• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OU WR/holder picks on the wrong dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the smaller dude with the bloody nose who beat the OU guys ass, if he did get sucker punched causing the bloody nose, can he claim self defense if there is that long of a break before he throws that punch?

Charge them all battery with battery and require them to help OU guy find his eyeball.

So the smaller dude with the bloody nose who beat the OU guys ass, if he did get sucker punched causing the bloody nose, can he claim self defense if there is that long of a break before he throws that punch?

Charge them all battery with battery and require them to help OU guy find his eyeball.
I’d suspect none will get into any serious trouble. Fine, counseling, if that. May be nothing. The civil part of it is where you could see some fireworks.

I have a hard time seeing how the kid the OU player pushed/goaded into action will get much of anything in the way of punishment, nor should he.
Depends on the horsepower of the lawyers...

My bet is the OU ball player will have big time lawyers supplied by parents as well as the school.

If the MMA kid can match “lawyering” he might get out of this OK.

His problem will be the “level of violence” he exerted and the continued blows to the face which resulted in serious injury. Broken eye socket....

His MMA training will be argued totally against him. “Why did he not just put the guy in a submission hold...yada yada.

You and I both know it doesn‘t work that way in the heat of a fight.

A jury of normal folks who have never experienced that kind of violence?

Not so much...

MMA kid looked really young...maybe the Army, or Marines could channel his abilities for a much better purpose than a stupid damn bar fight over absolutely nothing important.

Course hand to hand doesn’t mean crap in a fire and maneuver firefight.

Again...all I can say is thank God my two boys are beyond this stage. They were full of piss and vinegar waaay too much and I worried constantly about that phase of their life. I was always reminded of something one of my sergeants used to drill into his knuckleheads before they went on pass or leave. “You may think your the biggest baddest SOB around but trust me...there is ALWAYS some bigger and badder out there.”

Last edited:

My bet is the OU ball player will have big time lawyers supplied by parents as well as the school.

His problem will be the “level of violence” he exerted and the continued blows to the face which resulted in serious injury. Broken eye socket....

His MMA training will be argued totally against him. “Why did he not just put the guy in a submission hold...yada yada.

Not so much...

MMA kid looked really young...maybe the Army, or Marines could channel his abilities for a much better purpose than a stupid damn bar fight over absolutely nothing important.

Again...all I can say is thank God my two boys are beyond this stage. They were full of piss and vinegar waaay too much and I worried constantly about that phase of their life. I was always reminded of something one of my sergeants used to drill into his knuckleheads before they went on pass or leave. “You may think your the biggest baddest SOB around but trust me...there is ALWAYS some bigger and badder out there.”

Isn't that the truth.

Not so much...

His go fund me account is already past $30,000. Might buy a pretty decent lawyer.

Last edited:
There isn’t much spin to be put on this. He was talking crap and paid the price. Alcohol and acting tough usually don’t end well.

Stand those two toe to toe, Jones gets his ass whipped 100% of the time. Wouldn’t have mattered. I don’t think it was a sucker punch at all. I think it was a guy seeing some dudes on him, and probably felt it was inevitable. Then after he was pushed, lights out.
Look who is calling it a "sucker punch"....an OU fan.....if this would of been in Lincoln would it still have been a sucker punch?:rolleyes:

His go fund me account is already past $30,000. Might buy a pretty decent lawyer.
Yup...good start....it will probably cover any original “legal” Which will be absolutely critical because if he is found at fault in any way it makes the follow on civil suit so much easier for the plaintiff....

And if this goes the civil route later....( and I am betting it will) with the ballplayer claiming everything from loss of possible future income as a pro to eyesight loss and disability....emotional issues...the works.

I doubt 30k or more would cover. Standard billed legal fees are over $225 an hour And that’s for one lawyer and doesn’t cover the investigative costs, background information checks additional administrative fees etc. etc.

Plus if you have the personal injury lawyers smelling a win they will go low fee pro bono for the plantiff. So in no way is it an arms race concerning money between the two parties.

No gentlemen, make no mistake, the MMA kid is in a serious pinch over this. His only hope (in my opinion) is that the original judge or magistrate rules that he was in no way at fault. And or...the kid has virtually NOTHING that a civil suit could go after.

I watched the video three times. The kid could’ve walked away. Yes he was pushed. The key will be if the judge thinks he was “assaulted” by the push (and words) but even then....because the other party was seriously injured and appeared totally overmatched it is hard to argue that the kid felt ”threatened.”

Watch the MMA kids face, he is grinning. He knows the outcome ahead of time and is deciding what to do.

Bad decision.

Hey, just my opinion. But I did link this video to a very good friend of mine who used to be a Disrict Attorney for a fairly large city. Most of the things I am writing is his opinion with the caveat he doesn’t have any facts on the case...just a couple looks at that video.

Just beyond stupid....by both kids...incredibly stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back