• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OU WR/holder picks on the wrong dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, but there was provocation. He kept saying, look at me bitch, look at me. It was inevitable that was going down and it was provoked by the OU player, based on what we saw on video.
So that girl slapping Joe Mixon means he was provoked into hitting her?

So that girl slapping Joe Mixon means he was provoked into hitting her?
C’mon man, that’s not even right. These are grown young men drunk in a bathroom. You’re grasping. Just admit, it was the OU player who initiated that. Why try to spin this? Maybe there is more to the story, but based on the video, the instigator was clearly the OU receiver and his friend.

Last edited:
C’mon man, that’s not even right. These are grown young men drunk in a bathroom. You’re grasping. Just admit, it was the OU player who initiated that. Why try to spin this? Maybe there is more to the story, but based on the video, the instigator was clearly the OU receiver and his friend.
Just answer the question.

I don’t believe you’re suppose to do that. No I’m SURE you’re not supposed to do that.

Last edited:
Problem is.....one was seriously injured. And unless the MMA guy has serious lawyers. I don’t see any possible way this ends happily for him except his 5 minutes of fame from a Twitter vid where he “kicked a big Sooner Football players ass.”

Tough to build a life on successes like that.

Alcohol and bad decisions....I am so freaking glad my two knucklehead sons are now married with families and responsibilities.....and bars and hormones are a distant past...so they don’t get involved in crap like this.

Now they work hard most of the day, spend the rest of the day with their family, Go to bed exhausted......

and wake up the next day and do it again.

Thank the good Lord!

Problem is.....one was seriously injured. And unless the MMA guy has serious lawyers. I don’t see any possible way this ends happily for him except his 5 minutes of fame from a Twitter vid where he “kicked a big Sooner Football players ass.”

Alcohol and bad decisions....I am so freaking glad my two knucklehead sons are now married with families and responsibilities.....and bars and hormones are a distant past...so they don’t get involved in crap like this.

Now they work hard most of the day, spend the rest of the day with their family, Go to bed exhausted......

Thank the good Lord!
Hit the nail on the head with what you said.

Thank the good Lord!

You're right in that this was a stupid act that may cost both young men dearly, I have a hard time seeing how the kid the OU player pushed/goaded into action will get much of anything in the way of punishment, nor should he. Once one person puts their hands on another, brandishes a weapon, etc., all bets are off. It's self defense. The MMA kid did not escalate beyond what would be considered reasonable given the fact that the was not the aggressor, could reasonably have said based on the video that he feared for his own safety and was at a size disadvantage.

One of my dad's best bits of advice in my youth on such matters was to 'Be careful. You have no idea who you're dealing with when you meet a stranger. You don't have any idea what he's capable of, what or who he knows.' Another gem was 'Never get in a fight with an ugly man. He's got nothing to lose'.

My two are the both pretty much 'Head down, stay the course' as well, so I'm also thankful.

You're right in that this was a stupid act that may cost both young men dearly, I have a hard time seeing how the kid the OU player pushed/goaded into action will get much of anything in the way of punishment, nor should he. Once one person puts their hands on another, brandishes a weapon, etc., all bets are off. It's self defense. The MMA kid did not escalate beyond what would be considered reasonable given the fact that the was not the aggressor, could reasonably have said based on the video that he feared for his own safety and was at a size disadvantage.

One of my dad's best bits of advice in my youth on such matters was to 'Be careful. You have no idea who you're dealing with when you meet a stranger. You don't have any idea what he's capable of, what or who he knows.' Another gem was 'Never get in a fight with an ugly man. He's got nothing to lose'.

My two are the both pretty much 'Head down, stay the course' as well, so I'm also thankful.
I can see where the second fight would be a wash.

However the first one not so much, I get thumping somebody, if need be but a what point does the "defense" become the aggression.

The MMA guy had his back to the exit and could have walked away if chose to leave. So was the MMA guy blocking the OU player from the exit. Maybe the OU player was mearly trying to leave and couldn't so he was running his mouth? these are all what ifs but facts we don't know.

So if MMA guy believed he was in danger and scared why stay he could have walked away. Also if he is a trained MMA fighter which he was what was his level of fear knowing he can fight and what he could do.

OU guy keeps running his mouth and gets hit and then continues to get beat on long after you can tell that he is done. You have the right to defend yourself up untill the point your are the now aggressor which hate to say it if you swing first that kinda makes it easy to figure out.

The OU player granted is up in the MMA guy's face but the MMA guy hits first and continues to beat on him. I dont see that as self defense or reasonable by any means.

I can see where the second fight would be a wash.

However the first one not so much, I get thumping somebody, if need be but a what point does the "defense" become the aggression.

The MMA guy had his back to the exit and could have walked away if chose to leave. So was the MMA guy blocking the OU player from the exit. Maybe the OU player was mearly trying to leave and couldn't so he was running his mouth? these are all what ifs but facts we don't know.

So if MMA guy believed he was in danger and scared why stay he could have walked away. Also if he is a trained MMA fighter which he was what was his level of fear knowing he can fight and what he could do.

OU guy keeps running his mouth and gets hit and then continues to get beat on long after you can tell that he is done. You have the right to defend yourself up untill the point your are the now aggressor which hate to say it if you swing first that kinda makes it easy to figure out.

The OU player granted is up in the MMA guy's face but the MMA guy hits first and continues to beat on him. I dont see that as self defense or reasonable by any means.

I only saw one video. But sure what you mean about the second fight.

On the one fight I watched, I disagree. Watching a video after the fact makes it easier to judge someone’s ability to inflict harm on you, but in the moment you don’t have that luxury and are typically not required to. Defend until the threat is neutralized. Having had personal experience with this, once someone is physically aggressive toward you you’re allowed to use force to defend yourself, even if that force results in injury. If that force results in death, different story. You don’t have to run away as you never know what you’d be running into. That’s also been supported in similar cases.

There were two fights at the same time. The non OU guy who.pushes the other and the best down of the OU player.

So any injury short of death is OK sorry not buying it. As far as stand your ground don't think the Castle Doctrine stands in a public bathroom. If he would have pushed him back guy fell and busted his head ok I can see that or even light him up. But to get beat to the point of breaking an eye socket is a little muchI get stop the threat but at won't point is it excessive and the defender becomes the aggresor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back