• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OU/Texas & SEC: Will KW and B1G lead or react?

OneMoreTime

Still in Fresno
2 Year Member
What will it be KW? You either lead or you get out of the way and let others take the reins and lead you. Right now it seems as if the SEC will determine the future of the college football landscape (that makes me shudder). If ever there was a time for bold, visionary and PROACTIVE leadership from the B1G, now is the time. Where or where are you, Jim Delany?

KW is a joke. The SEC is poaching UT and OU, and the B1G’s response is to schedule a call with a school that has the worst football program in P5?

Embarrassing. That’s really just a sad, sad commentary.

“you got the horns and Sooners. But we got…Kansas!!!”

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Last edited:
KW is a joke. The SEC is poaching UT and OU, and the B1G’s response is to schedule a call a school with the worst football program in P5?

Embarrassing. That’s really just a sad, sad commentary.

“you got the horns and Sooners. But we got…Kansas!!!”

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Hey, but Barry Alvarez in on board as a "special advisor for football"......that should give us all a warm fuzzy, right? :oops:

I hate to bid to get UT and OU, but letting the $EC have them....unacceptable.

Maybe we can just lure OU away. Maybe then add KU to give us a few neighbors in the West Division.
Man I swear I saw a link to that.. now I can’t find it

Rumor…

now I’ll be voted off the island

Adding Kansas might actually make us LESS money.

They don't bring a massive fanbase (football) and we would be dividing the pot by 15 (or 16) ways instead of 14.

Yes, they have a cool basketball team. No, basketball doesn't make any money.

On an individual level, sure, KU Hoops makes THEM money. But at a conference level, basketball is not paying anyone's bills. Football is the only sport anyone should care about from a revenue perspective. You make that fat pigskin money and you can fund your other sports. Just how it works.

Texas and OU should have been in the Big 10. Sounds like there’s never even been a conversation. Oops we have an empty suit commish. Go poach KU and be a stud.

Why do we have to change? Because the SEC and others might be changing? Not sure that's a good reason.

This is a large and good conference, geographically fairly contained. The only team I see that makes any sense adding - and it always has - is ND and they have such a sweet deal with the network on their own that and now with the ACC that it's hard to see how the BIG will ever get them.

What possible benefit flows from adding teams just because the SEC has? The BIG is important enough that it will be in all the conversations going forward as it is. Why be bigger just to be bigger?

At the end of the day, the SEC is going to become a cumbersome elephant, and who cares if they get a lot of spots in the playoffs? So what? The BIG will get its share because for a number of the schools in the BIG, NU not among them, there is plenty of juice for good NIL marketing deals, and that will be important. The BIG will become one of the professional college conferences just like the others.

I think the KU thing is just silly. Football is the deal and they add nothing (but then again, we don't seem to be adding much to football either).

Texas and OU should have been in the Big 10. Sounds like there’s never even been a conversation. Oops we have an empty suit commish. Go poach KU and be a stud.
I doubt they only went out to the SEC and would bet they talked to the BIG. KW probably sat on it or turned them down and they moved on. Now, we have to react and time to talk to Kansas.

I doubt they only went out to the SEC and would bet they talked to the BIG. KW probably sat on it or turned them down and they moved on. Now, we have to react and time to talk to Kansas.

That sounds like the "Kevin Warren Way".

I think OU and Texas were both short on minority and female administrators in their athletic departments. So of course you move on in that case!

What will it be KW? You either lead or you get out of the way and let others take the reins and lead you. Right now it seems as if the SEC will determine the future of the college football landscape (that makes me shudder). If ever there was a time for bold, visionary and PROACTIVE leadership from the B1G, now is the time. Where or where are you, Jim Delany?

Well, right now he's taking the time to figure out when it will be the right time to start spending time deciding what to do.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back