• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

OT Jacob Maikkula Awaiting His Decision

Ringo

Recruit
2 Year Member
I don’t think that was a big reason for his decision. Stanford is an academic focused player’s dream.
Completely agree, Lars.

Which is why we need to start winning some games. When others have advantages in other areas, winning sure helps. Maybe being able to say something like, "we fight with Ohio St and Wisconsin every year to win the BIG and get into the playoffs, and we have great academic support" would work with someone like this. Maybe not, but I hope to find out sometime soon.

HuskerGene

A work in progress
10 Year Member
Completely agree, Lars.

Which is why we need to start winning some games. When others have advantages in other areas, winning sure helps. Maybe being able to say something like, "we fight with Ohio St and Wisconsin every year to win the BIG and get into the playoffs, and we have great academic support" would work with someone like this. Maybe not, but I hope to find out sometime soon.
Gosh, you're right! Let's start winning tomorrow...

LarstheRed

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
Completely agree, Lars.

This was his dream school, and wasn’t even one of the 5 officials he took. I think he even thought it was a long shot, but he got the offer, and made the jump. He’s not thinking of the NFL, he’s thinking of the next 30 years. Good luck to him, glad he’s thinking of a much bigger picture.

Frosty1980

One batch Two batch
2 Year Member
Gosh, you're right! Let's start winning tomorrow...
Is what he said so out of line? I agree with you almost all the time but there is nothing wrong with people pointing out that losing hurts recruiting. As long as they also can acknowledge we are young and have potential. Both things are true.

HuskerGene

A work in progress
10 Year Member
Is what he said so out of line? I agree with you almost all the time but there is nothing wrong with people pointing out that losing hurts recruiting. As long as they also can acknowledge we are young and have potential. Both things are true.
How many times do we have to here it? EVERYONE knows 12-20. EVERYONE knows we need to win this year yet I read it multiple times daily. Why does it have to be repeated so often? The games don't start today, they start in 4 weeks. Then we'll start winning games, hopefully enough to sooth the savage beasts.

Frosty1980

One batch Two batch
2 Year Member
How many times do we have to here it? EVERYONE knows 12-20. EVERYONE knows we need to win this year yet I read it multiple times daily. Why does it have to be repeated so often? The games don't start today, they start in 4 weeks. Then we'll start winning games, hopefully enough to sooth the savage beasts.
I understand that but I don’t think he brought up 12-20. He just said winning will help with recruiting. Which is a no brained in my opinion. I just didn’t get that vibe from his statement. I understand what you’re saying though. It dies get old hearing 12-20 in every thread.

HuskerGene

A work in progress
10 Year Member
We need to start winning some football games

Completely agree, Lars.

I understand that but I don’t think he brought up 12-20. He just said winning will help with recruiting. Which is a no brained in my opinion. I just didn’t get that vibe from his statement. I understand what you’re saying though. It dies get old hearing 12-20 in every thread.
I just get tired of reading this same mantra over & over & over....

Frosty1980

One batch Two batch
2 Year Member
I just get tired of reading this same mantra over & over & over....
I do also. I’m trying to ignore it anymore. We won’t change anyone’s opinion. The only thing that will is this big offensive line dominating opponents the way we both believe they will.

Native

ToungeInCheek since 2010
Staff member
10 Year Member
If I had to guess, my prediction is Stanford. Still waiting to see what Wiltfong does.
Mind Blown GIFs | Tenor