• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Opting back in?

Will the NCAA allow? In this unprecedented time, why not? If a well respected football conference can change their mind why not a young adult?
I think they will allow it. Might as well. I’d rather see the stars of the league playing than abandoning their teams. We’re going to knock the piss out of Minnesota either way.

I think they will allow it. Might as well. I’d rather see the stars of the league playing than abandoning their teams. We’re going to knock the piss out of Minnesota either way.

He has signed with an agent so it's not a guarantee it will happen. Will be interesting how they address that. Not sure how they get around it as its pretty cut and dry. Might open a big can of worms in the future if they do allow it.

this year is all jacked up, everyone that wants to come back I am sure will be allowed. If they received money I am sure they would have to return it or repay when they sign their pro contract.

I'd rather see the really good players playing in the league than sitting out. Granted it will be tougher on every team they play, but no one ever said college football is fair. If we had somehow managed to get Parson, I'm sure we would all be hollering to let him play for us, even if he signed with an agent and had been paid a million dollars (as long as he returned the money).

He has signed with an agent so it's not a guarantee it will happen. Will be interesting how they address that. Not sure how they get around it as its pretty cut and dry. Might open a big can of worms in the future if they do allow it.

Yeah, that's the sticking point. If he hadn't signed with an agent, it's a no brainer. The only way they should allow him to come back is if he didn't accept money from the agent, and make it very clear that this is a one time exception due to Covid.

dropped out & signed with an agent = lost his amateur virginity status IMO... no going back. :Sign2cents:

or maybe take 6+ months to decide like they did for Noah Vedral (eventually deeming him eligible in game 6 of 2018 :Rolleyes: ) when SF was hired... effectively screwing NV & us over.

The NCAA allows about anything these days, especially if it can be tied even loosely to "player's rights". You would think signing with an agent and accepting money would be a hard line, but who knows.

Those who simply said "I'm opting out" but didn't hire an agent, take money, or drop out of school will certainly be allowed back.

This year is so texased up I say make him pay back any advances he received, and then let him back in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back