• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Only room for one Kobe: King will not attend NU

Have to admit... I expected a little more stability in basketball with Hoiberg around. A little surprised by all this movement in 18 months

Clarification please: King was to have signed his LOI this spring. Now he changes his mind and isn't enrolling at UNL.
Does this mean a signed LOI isn't binding on either the player or school ?

Clarification please: King was to have signed his LOI this spring. Now he changes his mind and isn't enrolling at UNL.
Does this mean a signed LOI isn't binding on either the player or school ?
It is. But I'm assuming Hoiberg released him from it. If the rumor is true that they already have a replacement, then they'll need King's scholarship for the new guy.

Apparently Robin Washut was telling people on Rivals after the Kobe King news broke that "good news" would be coming later in the day. Here it is..

Awesome! Will be interesting to see if he's ready to go. Can't replace Kobe King day 1, but has lots of potential.

I guess Sean Astin used up his eligibility in "Rudy"? :Sarcasm:

Was looking forward to Kobe here. Weird.

Would have started for sure. The kid is a good player and this is a kick in the nuts for sure. There is something going on here though. The kid has crapped out on two coaching staffs and teammates now at very vulnerable moments. One in the middle of a season and one in damn near July. I’m a big believer in trends and his issues are not trending in his favor. Makes me wonder if his racial accusations against Wisconsin are even true.

Have to admit... I expected a little more stability in basketball with Hoiberg around. A little surprised by all this movement in 18 months

If you're talking about recruiting 'freshmen' expecting them to stay through their Senior season, I think 'stability' is becoming more and more a thing of the past. Just look at all the offers Hoiberg and staff have already made for 2022, and beyond. Of course we're not going to get them all or even very many (numerically impossible).

Hoiberg is not reluctant to recruit 'over' existing players if it will improve his position. With all these offers we are also in good position when the inevitable transfers start to occur.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back