• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

One last chance to change the narrative for 2019

Beareye

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
There's about a snowball's chance in hell that it happens, but upsetting Wisconsin and then winning at least one of the other two remaining games would have everyone feeling much better and different than with a 4-8 finish. I hope the staff and team make much better use of this bye week than they did our last bye week.

We have two weeks to prepare for Wisconsin (watch the tape from their Illinois game for God's sake), while they have a tough, physical game against Iowa next week. It's possible that Wisconsin comes in here on a 3-game losing streak, so they are not invincible.

So with all that said, I sill think we lose by about 30.

There's about a snowball's chance in hell that it happens, but upsetting Wisconsin and then winning at least one of the other two remaining games would have everyone feeling much better and different than with a 4-8 finish. I hope the staff and team make much better use of this bye week than they did our last bye week.

We have two weeks to prepare for Wisconsin (watch the tape from their Illinois game for God's sake), while they have a tough, physical game against Iowa next week. It's possible that Wisconsin comes in here on a 3-game losing streak, so they are not invincible.

Not me; I'd consider winning 2 more games anomolies even if one of them were Wisconsin. Gotta look at the season overall and when there's been zero improvement ALL YEAR it frankly leaves me very worried about next year.

I’ve moved on from any possible bowl game this year. Already looking ahead to spring baseball. Gonna go to Arizona for a couple of games.

You had me at not a snowball’s chance.

Not me; I'd consider winning 2 more games anomolies even if one of them were Wisconsin. Gotta look at the season overall and when there's been zero improvement ALL YEAR it frankly leaves me very worried about next year.

So, ummm, beating WI would happen without improvement in your opinion?? You can't be that upset with the quality of play if that is the case.

So, ummm, beating WI would happen without improvement in your opinion?? You can't be that upset with the quality of play if that is the case.
If we did beat Wisconsin, it would be an anomaly, so no, it wouldn't show any improvement. It would be luck.
What if we beat Wisconsin and lose to Maryland and Iowa. Would that demonstrate improvement to you?

If we did beat Wisconsin, it would be an anomaly, so no, it wouldn't show any improvement. It would be luck.
What if we beat Wisconsin and lose to Maryland and Iowa. Would that demonstrate improvement to you?

Call it an 'anomaly' all you want, if/when it happens I am not proud, I will take it.

Last edited:

What if we beat WI, IA and Maryland, would that demonstrate improvement to you?? You were the one who started with winning future games is an anomaly not improvement. Wouldn't the narrative also play as "losing to Ind and Purdue was sure an anomaly"?

What if we beat WI, IA and Maryland, would that demonstrate improvement to you?? You were the one who started with winning future games is an anomaly not improvement. Wouldn't the narrative also play as "losing to Ind and Purdue was sure an anomaly"?
My god man, have you watched any games this year? Do you comprehend what miracle of miracles would have to occur for this team to get good enough to win out? You don't go from getting sand kicked in your face to Mr. Universe overnight.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back