• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Omar Manning Going Forward

Agree, losing Wandale didn't hurt us as much as most thought. We are distributing the ball better without him. He was an excellent player, but the move probably benefited both parties
We certainly could have benefitted from having WR here. It's silly for anyone to think it didn't sting to lose his talent. Think about it, instead of rolling out Liewer or Falck, you could have WR line up with a Betts, Martin, Toure, and Manning. Now that would be scary. Then again, SF would probably still play Liewer more than WR at this point.

Last edited:
I just looked at PFF and Liewer played 36 snaps vs 33 for Manning on Saturday. Manning consistently grades higher. He cannot be that bad in practice. Osborne used to also grade on games. Liewer has 2 catches for 13 yards for the season. Manning has 10 catches for 132 yards on 10 targets. From his reaction after his score to what he said after the game says he just wants to contribute. I hope he does not get frustrated and leave. Wandale has 3 straight games over 100 yards receiving.
You are spot on. Liewer is 2nd on the team in snaps at the wideout position and has 2 catches for 13 yards all season, and that came in game #1. He has been shut out 3 straight games and still gets the 2nd or 3rd most snaps on the team week in and week out. In a year and a half, he has 5 catches for 35 yards. There is NO REASON for him to be playing as much as Betts or Manning at this point. If those guys can't learn the plays or for whatever other crazy reason I've heard lately, then that is on the coaches.

I mentioned in the game thread on a critical 3rd and 10, we had Vokalek split out wide (yes, Vokalek), with Falck (2 catches all year), and Liewer complimenting Toure. Are you kidding me?

Last edited:
We certainly could have benefitted from having WR here. It's silly for anyone to think it didn't sting to lose his talent. Think about it, instead of rolling out Liewer or Falck, you could have WR line up with Betts, Martin, and Manning. Now that would be scary. Then again, SF would probably still play Liewer more than WR at this point.

No, but he would play Toure more than Wandale. And he'd be right to do so.

You are spot on. Liewer is 2nd on the team in snaps at the wideout position and has 2 catches for 13 yards all season, and that came in game #1. He has been shut out 3 straight games and still gets the 2nd or 3rd most snaps on the team week in and week out. In a year and a half, he has 5 catches for 35 yards. There is NO REASON for him to be playing as much as Betts or Manning at this point. If those guys can't learn the plays or for whatever other crazy reason I've heard lately, then that is on the coaches.

I mentioned in the game thread on a critical 3rd and 10, we had Vokalek split out wide (yes, Vokalek), with Falck (2 catches all year), and Liewer complimenting Toure. Are you kidding me?
You make a very good case. Maybe they took so much heat for using a scholarship on Liewer , they are attempting to validate their move.

If I was to guess based on things I have heard SF say in the past it is blocking. He is on record saying "No block, no rock."

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back