• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Omar Manning Going Forward

I just looked at PFF and Liewer played 36 snaps vs 33 for Manning on Saturday. Manning consistently grades higher. He cannot be that bad in practice. Osborne used to also grade on games. Liewer has 2 catches for 13 yards for the season. Manning has 10 catches for 132 yards on 10 targets. From his reaction after his score to what he said after the game says he just wants to contribute. I hope he does not get frustrated and leave. Wandale has 3 straight games over 100 yards receiving.

Manning was in a walking boot last week so maybe he was limited yesterday.

For the first time in long time it seems like the receivers weren’t completely blanketed the last couple weeks. Whatever has caused this needs to continue to have any chance through this meat grinder of a schedule.

Manning was in a walking boot last week so maybe he was limited yesterday.
That might make sense but over the course of the season Liewer is gettimg more snaps and a lower PFF rating. Maybe he is a better blocker. This offense needs playmakers on the outside until the OL gels.

One of my dad's old sayings fits with a lot of our disgruntled brethren.

'You'd bitch if you were hung with a new rope'.

We win games, some will degrade the win.

We lose a four quarter game against a top five team most thought would throttle us and 'It's not a great OU team'.

We made some big strides yesterday.

Keep moving in that direction and people will have to work to be unhappy. Many still will, but it's harder to be negative
Could your dad be my uncle? Seems I heard that phrase too ...:Biggrin:

That might make sense but over the course of the season Liewer is gettimg more snaps and a lower PFF rating. Maybe he is a better blocker. This offense needs playmakers on the outside until the OL gels.

Yep, blocking. SF does have a slogan and he has said it at coaching camps as well as interviews.

"No block, no rock"

C

We lose a four quarter game against a top five team most thought would throttle us and 'It's not a great OU team'.

Keep moving in that direction and people will have to work to be unhappy. Many still will, but it's harder to be negative

Being hung is the epitome of suckage, so bitching is warranted regardless of rope age. LOL

C

Anyone who is fortunate enough to go to the games, watch Omar during warmups. His physique screams NFL. Reminds me of Randy Gregory in that respect when compared to the other players on the field.

On the other hand, watch Omar try to get off the line at the snap. He unnecessarily gets man-handled. That aspect needs work.
You are correct on this one. Kenny bell said this about him a while back.

I wonder if it’s all sunshine and rainbows on Alabama message boards? What would it have been like here, in the 90’s, if this was available?

Yes, the strides made Saturday were very noticeable to the eyes. Play like that, get rid of the nonsense, and this team could win the West.

They definitely could have been “bigger” factors, but not their fault. If I’m AM, and I get Betts or Omar on 1 on 1 coverage on the outside, I’m throwing it up 100% of the time. They’re physical enough to come down with it or prevent the defender from catching it.
To a certain extent yes, if you’ve got something open underneath I’d go there, just in case you have a really good corner with good ball skills

I wonder if it’s all sunshine and rainbows on Alabama message boards? What would it have been like here, in the 90’s, if this was available?

Yes, the strides made Saturday were very noticeable to the eyes. Play like that, get rid of the nonsense, and this team could win the West.

I remember as a lurker in the Pedia days, people bitched about everything, even in 1995.

I don’t know how many are some of the same folks or not, but I’m better at ignoring it regardless.

Yes, play like we played Saturday and clean up the mental mistakes and this team will win a lot of football games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back