• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Omaha

mjw11

Varsity
10 Year Member
http://www.flipcollective.com/2011/06/23/omaha-by-riley-breckenridge/

’m obsessed with the College World Series. I might even go so far as to say that it’s my favorite sporting event in existence. As a kid, I had drawer full of stacks of VHS tapes of College World Series games. Every summer, I’d camp out in front of the TV and watch as much of the week-long tournament as I could, but I’d make sure I taped each game so that I could go back and watch them over and over, to teach myself more about the nuances of the college game, admire the undeniable passion and dedication that players from schools all over the country brought to Omaha to compete for a national championship each year, and “dangle a carrot,â€￾ in a sense. I wanted nothing more than to be a part of what I watched on those tapes; to play college ball and have a chance to play in Omaha for a national championship. Almost twenty years later, a DVR loaded with games has replaced the old stacks of tapes, and my chance to play in Omaha has come and gone, but it hasn’t lessened the enjoyment I get from watching these college ballplayers live out their dreams on a grand stage every year.

Nicely put. Are you going to write your memoirs? :lol: Seriously, enjoyed your thoughts. :)

Sorry, like most of us, our dreams of being a successful baseball player did not pan out.

Ce' la vie!

Last edited:
http://www.flipcollective.com/2011/06/23/omaha-by-riley-breckenridge/

’m obsessed with the College World Series. I might even go so far as to say that it’s my favorite sporting event in existence. As a kid, I had drawer full of stacks of VHS tapes of College World Series games. Every summer, I’d camp out in front of the TV and watch as much of the week-long tournament as I could, but I’d make sure I taped each game so that I could go back and watch them over and over, to teach myself more about the nuances of the college game, admire the undeniable passion and dedication that players from schools all over the country brought to Omaha to compete for a national championship each year, and “dangle a carrot,” in a sense. I wanted nothing more than to be a part of what I watched on those tapes; to play college ball and have a chance to play in Omaha for a national championship. Almost twenty years later, a DVR loaded with games has replaced the old stacks of tapes, and my chance to play in Omaha has come and gone, but it hasn’t lessened the enjoyment I get from watching these college ballplayers live out their dreams on a grand stage every year.

HAve you ever been to a CWS game? If not you nreed to try and make it out for a series. Watching on TV is great, but it does not compare to being at the games. If you have not been to a game Save up and yake a summer vacation to Omaha for the CWS you will never regret it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back