• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OL Coach announcement coming!!!???

The point is we have to guess. We could have hired someone we already know is good.

This whole "I'm a better fan because I support the coaches" nonsense is dumb. I can be critical of an inexperience hire and still be a fan just like you.
I never said you couldn’t still be a fan man. That’s all conjecture on your part. I simply said who is to say he won’t be good. Your comment kind of made it seem like it’s a bad hire. You don’t know that to be certain. Just as much as I know it will be a good hire. I also said it was my choice to just support the coach not yours. You got real feisty just because I didn’t 100 percent agree with you. I simply was pointing out that neither of us has an actual clue as to how all this will play out. If anything I was suggesting that maybe you give the hires a chance rather than crap all over them. That’s all. I just like you, am more than disappointed with the results from Scott as I thought he was for sure the right guy. Fact is he is still the coach here so I’m going to support him. Period. Chill out home slice.

ST have been his albatross, he refuses to show any concern about that part of his team. When he leaves it will be a relief. I was very happy when he signed on with the Huskers, alas, I will be equally happy when he leaves. Hubris can be a fatal flaw.

"All signs on Tuesday continue to point to former LSU safeties coach Bill Busch moving into that role. Busch worked for the Huskers in 2021 as an off-the-field analyst. He is most recently known for bringing Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow to LSU under Ed Orgeron, and he is responsible for recruiting the Huskers' last NFL first-round draft pick in cornerback Prince Amukamara."

All better now? Do you need a hug, too?

Last edited:

I never said you couldn’t still be a fan man. That’s all conjecture on your part. I simply said who is to say he won’t be good. Your comment kind of made it seem like it’s a bad hire. You don’t know that to be certain. Just as much as I know it will be a good hire. I also said it was my choice to just support the coach not yours. You got real feisty just because I didn’t 100 percent agree with you. I simply was pointing out that neither of us has an actual clue as to how all this will play out. If anything I was suggesting that maybe you give the hires a chance rather than crap all over them. That’s all. I just like you, am more than disappointed with the results from Scott as I thought he was for sure the right guy. Fact is he is still the coach here so I’m going to support him. Period. Chill out home slice.

'Home slice' should be used in conversation weekly, just as an ice breaker.

It's getting really old that every time someone is critical of Frost there's an immediate "I'm a fan and I support Frost, you should to!!!!" mantra that's trotted out. You did the same thing even if you don't want to admit it.

You nailed my entire point on the OL hire, if it's him. No one knows if he'll be good and we have 1 year to find out. Frost is likely gone after this season if he doesn't win. I don't understand why he wouldn't go after someone with more experience that we know is good instead of taking a gamble.

The point is we have to guess. We could have hired someone we already know is good.

This whole "I'm a better fan because I support the coaches" nonsense is dumb. I can be critical of an inexperience hire and still be a fan just like you.
they aren’t better fans….they are just more comfortable with our programs present status.

they aren’t better fans….they are just more comfortable with our programs present status.
I can't imagine anyone is honestly looking at the OL hire and thinking, we nailed it.

I like Whipple. Not my top choice but he's good and he's done some great things. MJ hire was an absolute homerun. With him and Beckton running our receivers, I think we'll kill it. And Whipple's passing concepts should help open that up. Just need a QB now.

It's getting really old that every time someone is critical of Frost there's an immediate "I'm a fan and I support Frost, you should to!!!!" mantra that's trotted out. You did the same thing even if you don't want to admit it.

You nailed my entire point on the OL hire, if it's him. No one knows if he'll be good and we have 1 year to find out. Frost is likely gone after this season if he doesn't win. I don't understand why he wouldn't go after someone with more experience that we know is good instead of taking a gamble.
They don’t even want it discussed. Any comments that even suggest something isn’t perfect is also met with the “you don’t know that” response and then the typical “I don’t either but I’m choosing to support our coach” statement. Which I’ll add blindly support.
I kind of thought the idea was to discuss these types of hires both positive and negative but they don’t even want any discussion.

I think anything he did would have been a gamble. I really have very few opinions on any of this. I assumed it would be hard to find a staff under the circumstances. I do think we upgraded at wide receiver and offensive coordinator but does it mesh. Anything is better than Verduzco so that’s an upgrade also. Special teams still concerns me but they did go out and get a five star kicker. Not sure about offensive line yet. At least he’s familiar with how Wisconsin builds their line.

I think anything he did would have been a gamble. I really have very few opinions on any of this. I assumed it would be hard to find a staff under the circumstances. I do think we upgraded at wide receiver and offensive coordinator but does it mesh. Anything is better than Verduzco so that’s an upgrade also. Special teams still concerns me but they did go out and get a five star kicker. Not sure about offensive line yet. At least he’s familiar with how Wisconsin builds their line.
I'm with you here. WR major upgrade. OC big upgrade. Looks like Busch is the guy, so that's a major upgrade as well.

OL...I just don't know. Garrison had the better resume. Will our new guy end up better? I suspect, but I was really hoping for someone with more experience here.

I'm with you here. WR major upgrade. OC big upgrade. Looks like Busch is the guy, so that's a major upgrade as well.

OL...I just don't know. Garrison had the better resume. Will our new guy end up better? I suspect, but I was really hoping for someone with more experience here.
Maybe it’s that he’s a fiery guy. They need someone to come fix it immediately. Recruiting is secondary right now for that position. Yeah I’m in agreement it’s a huge unknown. Severe did say today that he’s intense.

I can't imagine anyone is honestly looking at the OL hire and thinking, we nailed it.

I like Whipple. Not my top choice but he's good and he's done some great things. MJ hire was an absolute homerun. With him and Beckton running our receivers, I think we'll kill it. And Whipple's passing concepts should help open that up. Just need a QB now.
Im not sure what to think yet. MJ on paper seems perfect. He fills a need as I think past coaching is terrible in regards to getting our receivers playing big boy football. Also great on recruiting.

I don’t hate the individual characteristics of Whipple but concerned with his recruiting, and passing mentality. Couple that with MJ as coordinator and the pass mentality of SF and I see a huge problem addressing our poor run game.

As for DR at line. Wow a lot of questions there. He doesn’t have a resume. This is by far a promotion above and beyond his experience level. We have no idea if he can recruit and he comes from the pass happy NFL.

Maybe it’s that he’s a fiery guy. They need someone to come fix it immediately. Recruiting is secondary right now for that position. Yeah I’m in agreement it’s a huge unknown. Severe did say today that he’s intense.
Just pulled up the show. Hoping to catch some other info.

I like that he's fiery, God knows we need that.

Not trying to be cynical, but is it possible that part of the reason for the OL hire is that his nephew might/will come here as a QB? I don't necessarily have a problem with it if that's the case, but just wondering.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back