• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Oklahoma Practice Thread: Thursday 15 September: Coach Joseph Coaches Radio Show

MJ on the radio

Read the transcript of answers from his radio appearance.

It sounds like there are going to be some schematic changes on both sides of the ball, which will hopefully be good. Smart that MJ didn't go into specifics on what all they are doing, but glad they are going to mix some stuff up.

Liked hearing about the changes in practice. It did make me wonder if Frost had gotten away from some of the stuff he had started out doing with practice at Nebraska. I remember that being a big change from Riley was up-tempo practices. Also, we did a much better job open field tackling, because they were working on it a lot in practice. Seems like as time went on he went away from those things, based on MJ's comments.

I like the music-less practices. I do think we are going to see the kids rally around MJ. Again, I don't know how much of a difference that is going to make in our execution this Saturday, but I think we'll see some improvement as the year goes on. Seems like MJ has a vision and plan, now it is time to try and execute on it.

Read the transcript of answers from his radio appearance.

It sounds like there are going to be some schematic changes on both sides of the ball, which will hopefully be good. Smart that MJ didn't go into specifics on what all they are doing, but glad they are going to mix some stuff up.

Liked hearing about the changes in practice. It did make me wonder if Frost had gotten away from some of the stuff he had started out doing with practice at Nebraska. I remember that being a big change from Riley was up-tempo practices. Also, we did a much better job open field tackling, because they were working on it a lot in practice. Seems like as time went on he went away from those things, based on MJ's comments.

I like the music-less practices. I do think we are going to see the kids rally around MJ. Again, I don't know how much of a difference that is going to make in our execution this Saturday, but I think we'll see some improvement as the year goes on. Seems like MJ has a vision and plan, now it is time to try and execute on it.
This is a really good listen. HCMJ is saying all the right things:
-Stop the run; run the ball
-Be the most physical team
-Team and coaches have energy
-Wants the fans to be loud

The thing I most liked hearing was that the defense had a good week on gap assignments. That killed NU last week.
Where did you find the transcript of the broadcast?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back