• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OKLA ST VS NEBRASKA BASEBALL THREAD - SATURDAY, 4-2-11

With a 1-4 record now, Huskers are challenging for the enviable position of 9th or 10th in the Big 12, thus ensuring that they can rest on their fat prats during the conference tourny!

If that happens is there any way Anderson is fired?

I love it....it makes TO look that much more incompetent when it comes to sports not named Football. Keep at it, good ol' TO!

Wow.....only the second time OSU has won a series at NU, first one was in the first year of the Big 12 in 1997 and now in 2011.

Only another blemish on MA's record.....but TO will not care as his players don't get in to much trouble and he is a good guy.

Wow.....only the second time OSU has won a series at NU, first one was in the first year of the Big 12 in 1997 and now in 2011.

Only another blemish on MA's record.....but TO will not care as his players don't get in to much trouble and he is a good guy.

jeeze, the 2nd time i heard the he is a good guy quote today in a couple hours. like i told my friend, he could be man of the year but we need a coach who can win! boosters dont care how good of a guy you are, if you dont win they get angry and stop contributing.

Carrollton, speaking about Van Horn, said
He had some pretty good talent from Nebraska

No, he had the same amount of talent from Nebraska that MA has. Anyone remember Chad Wiles or Scott Fries? These were average pitchers from Nebraska high schools that Van Horn squeezed every ounce of talent out of and won a Big 12 tourney title with.

MA couldn't squeeze the pus out of a over ripe zit, let alone squeeze talent and effort out of an average player.

Last edited:
you're wrong. 100%. sorry bud.

Well, can you remember any successful NU team in any sport in the past that was not blessed with some excellent Nebraska athletes? I can't, and that is the reason I made the statement I made. If you can think of one, please refresh my memory.

Carrollton, speaking about Van Horn, said

No, he had the same amount of talent from Nebraska that MA has. Anyone remember Chad Wiles or Scott Fries? These were average pitchers from Nebraska high schools that Van Horn squeezed every ounce of talent out of and won a Big 12 tourney title with.

MA couldn't squeeze the pus out of a over ripe zit, let alone squeeze talent and effort out of an average player.

I'm not talking about numbers, I am talking about quality. The Nebraska prep scene is not producing a lot of quality in any sport right now.

I'm not talking about numbers, I am talking about quality. The Nebraska prep scene is not producing a lot of quality in any sport right now.

cheese is stating exactly what i stated earlier. it's about developing talent. maximizing players abilities and putting them into position to win games. that -- maybe more than anything -- is what anderson lacks. van horn could bring in an average to good players and turn them into critical pieces and sometimes stars. anderson can bring in average to good players and they already peaked before he got ahold of them. i see very little significant improvement from his players as the seasons progress and as years go by. he is clueless about developing talent (among other things). for that matter, his players lack basic fundamentals -- and it's not just on rare occasion -- it's all the darn time...over and over and over this team makes mistakes.... critical ones. i just don't know how anyone can continue to ignore the fact that anderson is not a quality head coach -- not even close. you can take one season and call it an anomaly. you can see year three of garbage with a mix of new faces and old... and it's a trend.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110402/SPORTS/704029802/-1#shatel-nu-grew-into-gem-on-big-12-diamonds

In case anyone is wondering why I say the Big 10 is the end of NU baseball relevance...as if it were still relevant.

The Big Ten typically sends one team to the NCAA regionals. The Big Ten plays its league tourney in Columbus, Ohio, before sparse crowds (though Omaha could bid for that tourney — and should get it). The Big Ten has rules that don’t compute with most college baseball people, including one that doesn’t allow you to replace a scholarship for any player who leaves for pro ball before his senior year.

That discourages a coach from going after a player talented enough to go pro before his senior year. You know, the kind of players who take you to the CWS.

Wow. Unbelievable rule. If you recruit too well you could find yourself completely screwed if a few of your Juniors leave early. You actually have to keep that in mind when recruiting...."eh...we've already recruited a couple guy that are likely three year players this year...we better back off this kid cuz he's likely to do the same."

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back