• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Okie St Regional- playing UConn

I think everyone struggles with lefties is kind of my thinking. Fisher gave up 1 run against Arizona State, 0 against Michigan, 1 against Iowa in his last 3 starts. Perry somehow only gave up 1 ER to the leagues top offense in the tournament, Michigan. Good left handed arms really go pro out of high school so you don't see dominant ones as much.
So true, look at the success of lefties across the seasonal scoreboard, WHEN they have command and throw confidently. For example, Perry vs. Omaha versus Perry vs. Michigan.

I'd put it in the high 0% range. Just too darn inconsistent. Stranger things have happened and I'll be in the stands cheering them on in OKC. GBR!

Oklahoma City Regional
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark | Oklahoma City
Friday, May 31
Game 1: (3) Nebraska vs. (2) UConn, 1 p.m., ESPN3
Game 2: (4) Harvard vs. (1) Oklahoma State, 7 p.m., ESPN3
Saturday, June 1
Game 3, 11 a.m.
Game 4, 4 p.m.
Sunday, June 2
Game 5, noon
Game 6, 6 p.m.
Monday, June 3
Game 7, if necessary

Times listed are EDT.
I don't understand how women's softball, men's and women's lacrosse, bowling, cornholing, cricket hunting, mouse rodeo's, and flea circuses all get more live airplay than men's college baseball. I just don't get it. I will waste as much time with espn3 as I do btn2go, and that is zero.

I don't understand how women's softball, men's and women's lacrosse, bowling, cornholing, cricket hunting, mouse rodeo's, and flea circuses all get more live airplay than men's college baseball. I just don't get it. I will waste as much time with espn3 as I do btn2go, and that is zero.
I don't understand why you're so anti-cricket hunting. I'm guessing that it's a jealousy born out of a lack of talent when it comes to successfully harvesting crickets. Also, I've heard that you couldn't ride a mouse for 8 seconds even if we Crazy Glue'd your @$$ to it.

I hope we play well at OSU. This board will get interesting if we get eliminated by Harvard in Game 2. Fromunda and *** in the octagon!
Meh... we played for a regular season conference title the final day of the season, played for a tournament title final game in Omaha, and Moos stated there’s never been even remotely close to a hot seat for Erstad (as I’ve been saying he told me). Would be a bad look to lose to Harvard, but doesn’t change we played well when it mattered.

At this point, probably time to get on board or find another team to root for until 2021 at the earliest. “Fire Erstad” or “the experiment is over” has been proven wrong to this point. He may get fired in 2021 or 2022 at the earliest, but anyone who has said it before the 2021 season has been incorrect by national media and our AD. Not worth arguing about anymore.

After this weekend I will go into the 2020 season and what we have, as well as what improvements I think we can make.

Last edited:
What are people’s thoughts on our likelihood of reaching the CWS?

Somewhere above zero, but not a lot. As @Redleg said, too inconsistent to be counted on for the whole weekend against quality teams. The offense has gotten some clutch hits that make it look more potent than it actually is and the pitchers they see this weekend probably won't walk the world like the guys in the Big10 tournament.

Optimistically speaking, NU can win the regional because it has the pitching to get it done if things go their way. UConn is doable, play the game of the year against Okie State and you've still got enough quality arms to take one of two on Sunday. The lack of serious offensive threats make that unlikely, but that's the situation NU baseball is in. All told, they're a good team, but they don't have the horses to overcome anything less than ideal conditions.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back