• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ok, now this is alarming...

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
I understand a few people leaving from time to time, truly. Usually, it’s people who never see the field or very rarely. These are starters that are leaving, or people who see significant P T. Is Frost hard to play for? What is causing this? It isn’t sustainable whatsoever. Nebraska will never be any good at all losing all these players that it’s losing.

I understand a few people leaving from time to time, truly. Usually, it’s people who never see the field or very rarely. These are starters that are leaving, or people who see significant P T. Is Frost hard to play for? What is causing this? It isn’t sustainable whatsoever. Nebraska will never be any good at all losing all these players that it’s losing.

So losing a 3rd year center who barely saw the field and a 6th year former walk-on is a tragedy? The only surprise with Warner is that he's bothering to transfer. Wouldn't have been a surprise at all if he just hung it up after 5 years and went GA.

So losing a 3rd year center who barely saw the field and a 6th year former walk-on is a tragedy? The only surprise with Warner is that he's bothering to transfer. Wouldn't have been a surprise at all if he just hung it up after 5 years and went GA.
It’s just all of it. Losing Wandale, Luke, all those Florida players. Damn man, enough is enough. How long do you think NU should keep rolling this way? Do you believe it is sustainable? I don’t, at all.

Last edited:

I am with HIO. With the on field performance and the transferring of many players, I see a team in disarray. Disarray is my word not his. *** I understand that you are circumspect in your comments, but how are you reading the tea leaves?

Except for Wandale I will assume better players are in place. I am kind of a glass is 3/4 full type of guy.
I guess that’s one way to look at it. Positive, 3/4 full kinda went out the window after the 2019 season, then we all saw more of the same this year. Losing players in this quantity is not a recipe for success. Depth is depleted, and quality players are leaving. Luke may not be a QB, but he is a damn fine athlete who can run. NU isn’t in position to be losing this many players. Something is awry and whatever the discord is needs to be addressed immediately.

I am with HIO. With the on field performance and the transferring of many players, I see a team in disarray. Disarray is my word not his. *** I understand that you are circumspect in your comments, but how are you reading the tea leaves?
I think there's issues on the offensive side of the ball. Worst offensive performance statistically this century. Lost your best player two years in a row. Lost a guy you called "the future". Your WR, RB, and QB room is the thinnest it has been since this staff has been here and we are in year 4. Changed coordinators already. You have people say "the portal is having this happen everywhere" but that's simply not true. Look no further to our defense. We are only losing guys that are going to the NFL or passed up by younger guys.

Whatever is wrong I hope we figure it out and get it fixed. I find it rather humorous though that losing Wan'Dale Robinson created us thinking we may be better off and be "closer to who we want to be" even though he was the #1 APB in the country and you compared him to the great players you've had in your offense like Thomas when recruiting him.

You can only coach speak during these times. But we gotta get it fixed. You have to have a winning season in 2021.

Last edited:
I think there's issues on the offensive side of the ball. Worst offensive performance statistically this century. Lost your best player two years in a row. Lost a guy you called "the future". Your WR, RB, and QB room is the thinnest it has been since this staff has been here and we are in year 4. You have people say "the portal is having this happen everywhere" but that's simply not true. Look no further to our defense. We are only losing guys that are going to the NFL or passed up by younger guys.

Whatever is wrong I hope we figure it out and get it fixed. I find it rather humorous though that losing Wan'Dale Robinson created us thinking we may be better off and be "closer to who we want to be" even though he was the #1 APB in the country and you compared him to the great players you've had in your offense like Thomas when recruiting him.

You can only coach speak during these times. But we gotta get it fixed. You have to have a winning season in 2021.
I appreciate your comments and candor. Our team is struggling mightily, we are all hurting. We all want the Red team to be successful, just different ideas on how to go about obtaining that success. GBR

I think there's issues on the offensive side of the ball. Worst offensive performance statistically this century. Lost your best player two years in a row. Lost a guy you called "the future". Your WR, RB, and QB room is the thinnest it has been since this staff has been here and we are in year 4. You have people say "the portal is having this happen everywhere" but that's simply not true. Look no further to our defense. We are only losing guys that are going to the NFL or passed up by younger guys.

With the current progress of NU, I’d say a winning season is highly unlikely. Especially after you take a look at the schedule.

I think there's issues on the offensive side of the ball. Worst offensive performance statistically this century. Lost your best player two years in a row. Lost a guy you called "the future". Your WR, RB, and QB room is the thinnest it has been since this staff has been here and we are in year 4. Changed coordinators already. You have people say "the portal is having this happen everywhere" but that's simply not true. Look no further to our defense. We are only losing guys that are going to the NFL or passed up by younger guys.

What are the issues? Who is not properly communicating to whom? Who is not teaching properly? Are the best [supporting] players not seeing the field? If so, why?

Basically, what is going on? It seems like you know something you aren't saying. ?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back