• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State with two Big Decommits this past week

Status
Not open for further replies.
$90 for a parking pass? Where did you park…in the player’s parking lot?

My wife and I have gone several times this year and have paid less than $30 for reserved parking each time.
It was given to me by a friend of mine. I went in on the south east side of the stadium. It said $90 on it. I was shocked because it wasn’t that great of parking.

Wow…

But that was your entire family right? If I take my wife out to a nice dinner and movie…we can get close to $200 real easy nowadays. As scary as that is. (Course that was before this stupid Pandemic…haven’t been to a movie in ages…)

I go to Baltimore Orioles games all the time…and Nationals games.
I take the Train up to Baltimore or DC

An Oriole Ticket (because they suck right now) costs me about $25…and that is a good seat…

Nats tickets are double that for a good seat.

Train cost me less than $100 round trip and I stay at my sons house or my brothers in DC.

was looking at Nebraska tickets for the Fall. Might try to come back for a game and stay with my sister

A good seat for one person was around $200 on Stub Hub.

And you’re right…hot dogs and beer are way overpriced at ALL venues.

Not sure about NBA being so popular with younger folks. Their ratings have plummeted from the Michael Jordan days. And the kids I know (including my own) say they haven’t been to or watched a game in years.

All in the eye of the beholder I guess.

The esports and video gaming industry grows leaps and bounds with the younger kids though….no denying it.

Cheaper, requires no real physical effort, little risk, not time or place bound or dependent on weather.

And the MONEY they are giving away at those tournaments!!

Absolutely rivals big golf and tennis.

Blows me away at the money…
It was a family of four.

$90 for a parking pass? Where did you park…in the player’s parking lot?

My wife and I have gone several times this year and have paid less than $30 for reserved parking each time.

We don’t eat at the stadium and since we don’t drink…we each get a free small soda each game by signing up for the designated driver program.
We only pay for the ticket and parking pass. That is why we can go to some extra games.

Going as a family to one game a year could be pricey when you factor in all of the food and cotton candy etc…for the total game experience.
I’m going to say I’m wrong and it wasn’t $90. I might be getting it confused with the one Joe Moglia gave me for Husker games. That parking was literally right next to the stadium.

Wow…

But that was your entire family right? If I take my wife out to a nice dinner and movie…we can get close to $200 real easy nowadays. As scary as that is. (Course that was before this stupid Pandemic…haven’t been to a movie in ages…)

I go to Baltimore Orioles games all the time…and Nationals games.
I take the Train up to Baltimore or DC

An Oriole Ticket (because they suck right now) costs me about $25…and that is a good seat…

Nats tickets are double that for a good seat.

Train cost me less than $100 round trip and I stay at my sons house or my brothers in DC.

was looking at Nebraska tickets for the Fall. Might try to come back for a game and stay with my sister

A good seat for one person was around $200 on Stub Hub.

And you’re right…hot dogs and beer are way overpriced at ALL venues.

Not sure about NBA being so popular with younger folks. Their ratings have plummeted from the Michael Jordan days. And the kids I know (including my own) say they haven’t been to or watched a game in years.

All in the eye of the beholder I guess.

The esports and video gaming industry grows leaps and bounds with the younger kids though….no denying it.

Cheaper, requires no real physical effort, little risk, not time or place bound or dependent on weather.

And the MONEY they are giving away at those tournaments!!

Absolutely rivals big golf and tennis.

Blows me away at the money…

dinner and a movie for close to $200.. that is more than a "nice dinner".. of course it just depends on what you mean by "close" I guess.

dinner and a movie for close to $200.. that is more than a "nice dinner".. of course it just depends on what you mean by "close" I guess.
Sure…am talking a nicer dinner….with drinks, coffee and desert. Not the Goldan Corral we took our boys to when we were young and every dime counted.

Took my wife the other night to a local place we like…admittedly not cheap but not outlandish.

When we got done the meal was over $100 and I tipped the waitress a bit more than 20% as she did a good job and I knew she is paying for college on her own.

My city has a lot of tourism being on the ocean and funds a lot of things with extra taxes one of which is a 9.5% ”Restaurant Tax”

Right there I’m close to $150….Add in $12 ea movie ticket and share a Coke and Popcorn and it starts to get close to $200.

But sure…I guess it all depends on what you spend for a “nice” dinner out and how much you splurge during that dinner.

I’m on the ocean in a tourist town that is also heavily military…our restaurant prices might be a lot more.

What are you guys paying back in the Midwest for a nice night out with your wife? I’m curious.

Last edited:

Sure…am talking a nicer dinner….with drinks, coffee and desert. Not the Goldan Corral we took our boys to when we were young and every dime counted.

Took my wife the other night to a local place we like…admittedly not cheap but not outlandish.

When we got done the meal was over $100 and I tipped the waitress a bit more than 20% as she did a good job and I knew she is paying for college on her own.

My city has a lot of tourism being on the ocean and funds a lot of things with extra taxes one of which is a 9.5% ”Restaurant Tax”

Right there I’m close to $150….Add in $12 ea movie ticket and share a Coke and Popcorn and it starts to get close to $200.

But sure…I guess it all depends on what you spend for a “nice” dinner out and how much you splurge during that dinner.

I’m on the ocean in a tourist town that is also heavily military…our restaurant prices might be a lot more.

What are you guys paying back in the Midwest for a nice night out with your wife? I’m curious.
$15.85 for a burger and fries for two, at the Oak Tavern. And you can't beat the atmosphere.

$15.85 for a burger and fries for two, at the Oak Tavern. And you can't beat the atmosphere.
Around 20 plus here, could be less at other places.
But even 5 star decommits could easily fork over that much on their NIL earnings.
Anyhow,losing a top 15 player then dropping from 1st to around PSU level gives you an idea how good the kid is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back