• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State puts Urban Meyer on administrative leave

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Thought this deserved its own thread. Thanks for Red Crawdad for pointing me to this.

I am not a lawyer but I would think this is not good news for him.

Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer was placed on paid administrative leave Wednesday as the school announced it is investigating Courtney Smith's claims that several people close to the coach knew of a 2015 allegation of domestic violence against her ex-husband, former Ohio State assistant football coach Zach Smith, who was fired in July.

Offensive coordinator Ryan Day will be the team's acting head coach during the investigation.

"We are focused on supporting our players and on getting to the truth as expeditiously as possible," the school said in a statement.

Much more here: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...keyes-places-urban-meyer-administrative-leave

My guess is they are looking at how to terminate him and what if any it will lost them.

As a lawyer fiend just said 'have you ever seen anyone come back from "administrative leave" '

Agreed. Just commented in the other thread how OSU fans are already talking their next head coach.

Agreed. Just commented in the other thread how OSU fans are already talking their next head coach.

Close friend who is an Ohio State Grad School Alum pretty told me the same when it broke this AM. Said it was a just a matter of time. With the other scandal with the doctor this could not have come at a worst time for Meyer. I think he would be out anyway but this just blew it up.

Close friend who is an Ohio State Grad School Alum pretty told me the same when it broke this AM. Said it was a just a matter of time. With the other scandal with the doctor this could not have come at a worst time for Meyer. I think he would be out anyway but this just blew it up.
Makes me even more thankful for a guy like Scott Frost! Not that Scott is incapable of screwing up, but I just think Scott is above board in every single thing he does.

RR I understand "but for the grace of God...," but really, multi-multimillionaires have advisors, attorneys, "bimbo eruption" teams for anything remotely endangering or controversial. I don't get it!

Makes me even more thankful for a guy like Scott Frost! Not that Scott is incapable of screwing up, but I just think Scott is above board in every single thing he does.

That is a good motto to live by because in the end if you have nothing to hide etc. Then you can look yourself in the mirror the day you retire or move on and have some pride in what you did.

We all stumble and make mistakes. With that being said some are more unforgivable than others.

Last edited:

That is a good motto to live by because in the end if you have nothing to hide etc. because you can look yourself in the mirror the day you retire or move on and have some pride in what you did.

We all stumble and make mistakes. With that being said some are more unforgivable than others.
Amen brother.

Some folk think they are bullet proof and can do what ever they want. I saw it in the military and in now in everyday life

My dad always said avoid folks like that because sooner or later they will get theirs.

When I lived in Utah (last assignment) Meyer was notorious for his recruiting trail antics among other things.

RR I understand "but for the grace of God...," but really, multi-multimillionaires have advisors, attorneys, "bimbo eruption" teams for anything remotely endangering or controversial. I don't get it!

What kills me is that he did nothing and covered it up. Didn’t he learn anything from the PSU scandal? He was at Ohio State when that all happened. I’m willing to bet there were meetings at nearly every school where coaches were told to report everything , leave nothing to chance. Why not say or do something? Because Smith is Earle Bruce’s grandson?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back