• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State Opens As 23 Point Favorites Over Nebraska

If I can get a +28.5 or get an O/U @ 68.5 or so, I will take Nebraska to cover and the overs. Huskermax is not a betting sight I know, but with the way the other games have gone, defense across NCAA has been lacking, and points have been galore.

Definitely have seen the defenses are far behind the offenses thus far. That said, Nebraska's offense was really bad last season. So we're counting on a major improvement in that regard. Sure, could very well happen -- but it's mostly just guessing/hoping until we see it.

I will say -- the odds are very good Ohio State is going to put up a lot of points. Justin Fields can do a lot to make that happen. Why shouldn't I believe OSU could put up 50+ points on Nebraska's defense (and 35-40 minimum is probably close to a lock)? The concern is, what if we find ourselves in a hole, down 17-21 points and then we have to get out of our offensive gameplan to try to keep up? Ideally we try to run the ball and control the ball a bit to keep OSU's offense off the field as much as possible.

Sure, I could see a scenario where Nebraska's offense is effective and we hang close for much of the game. But I could also see a scenario where we can't stop OSU's offense, and that takes us out of our gameplan, then we get sloppy, and then the wheels fall off.

Last edited:
ESPN Gameday analysis picks ...... :Lol:

Nebraska vs Ohio State

Celebrity guest picker – Ohio State
Pollack – Ohio State
Herbstreit – Ohio State
Corso – Ohio State
Howard – Nebraska

When picking this game one has to decide if talent or experience is most important. If you think talent, then you'll take OSU to cover. If you think experience, you'll take Nebraska to cover.

Too many people are using last year's game as a point of reference. The truth is that Ohio State will have a many new faces (and no Chase Young) and Nebraska will have many of the same faces. Hoping that makes a big difference.

No more "." in tOSU marching band.

Script-Ohio.jpg

advantage Huskers ;)

Ohio State 99% win prob. The Power Rank
Ohio State 99% win prob. BCF Toys

So you're saying there's a chance!

I'm glad there is a game to watch. I'll take that for this weekend.

After all, they don't have any film on us this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back