• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Oh MO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This quote from Mo Barry in today's LJS article by Parker Gabriel (Husker Extra Rewind: Missed tackles, missed assignments fueled late collapse at CU) has me shaking my head:

I felt the first half, I thought it was over with,” senior linebacker Mohamed Barry said. “I thought we were about to just give it to them and it was about to be a blowout. That’s what it should have been. We had them. We was better than that team. In the second half, we didn’t finish.”

I mean I know he's a kid, but he's a SENIOR and CAPTAIN. Such a deadly mentality. How could he not remember some of the meltdowns he's been a part of...just stunning.
I think that attitude got us beat more than anything. If the senior capt was thinking that, you know the younger guys probably were too.

Unfortunately, it basically just happened 11 months ago in Evanston, Illinois. Mo must have forgotten. Our team must have forgotten. The staff must have forgotten. So, it's hard to believe they'll remember next time.

I like Tad Stryker's quote from the postgame analysis (Northwestern game, last season):

"The way the players default to their learned self-destructive behavior under stress is truly astounding."

Why didn't we learn from this last season!? Or seasons prior? Do we ever learn and grow or do we keep chasing our own tail?

I want to believe we've taken a significant forward step after last season's ugliness.

I keep hoping. It's about the only thing I can do.

17-0 is shaky ground for this crew. Somewhat opposite of a blowout in the making given our average play for that past decade or so. I think maybe this team bought some of the hype (didn't most of us).

Players? They got gassed and out hustled Play calling? Wasn't what I thought it would be but everyone complains when plays don't work. They rarely give glory when they do. I think SF needs to just go balls to the wall from here on out. Give AM the permission to take risks with the plays. If I didn't know better I'd suspect he's been told, "Don't get hurt." Can't play football like that IMO.

This quote from Mo Barry in today's LJS article by Parker Gabriel (Husker Extra Rewind: Missed tackles, missed assignments fueled late collapse at CU) has me shaking my head:

I felt the first half, I thought it was over with,” senior linebacker Mohamed Barry said. “I thought we were about to just give it to them and it was about to be a blowout. That’s what it should have been. We had them. We was better than that team. In the second half, we didn’t finish.”

I mean I know he's a kid, but he's a SENIOR and CAPTAIN. Such a deadly mentality. How could he not remember some of the meltdowns he's been a part of...just stunning.
Live and learn kid. "It ain't over until it is over."..........................Pssssssst, Who said that?

Last edited:

we just dont have 11 guys on offense or defense that are committed to doing their jobs as perfectly as they can on every single play for 4 quarters. some are not there from the start, some mentally get lazy when we get a lead, some will never develope a love for making the perfect block or the perfect tackle. taught leadership skills can never out trump the love of winning in every single play. participation ribbons are what a lot of these players strive for and may not ever figure out the full gift they have been given.

I don’t like this quote from any angle. If he thought the game was over - not good. If he thought they would continue to blow CU out - not good. Either way, he is saying he lost respect for the opponent’s ability to comeback and that has to result in a lessened intensity. A “they can’t beat us” attitude is how you let an Arky St hang around, a Balls Tate hang around, McNeese etc or get beat by NIU. Games where you don’t respect your opponent abilities can come back to bite you. I didn’t play, but when you work year-round at a sport and only get 11 or 12 chances to show it off, you’d think you would maintain that effort throughout. You don’t want to risk losing either a game you feel you’ve already won or a starting spot to a teammate. Maybe some are too comfortable?

Anything you can share?

Most of us can watch and see some issues, but often miss the nuances that you and some others see.
Staying pretty 30,000 foot response, and if you just stick with the Colorado game, I don't know if I would come up with anything others couldn't. But maybe...

1 - Outcoached
2 - We were the worse conditioned team in the 4th quarter and overtime
3 - Get Kade Warner back please, someone that can be a threat as an outside WR. People claiming missing Stanley Morgan wouldn't hurt are being proven wrong
4 - Our OL is an issue, we gave up 6 sacks to a terrible defense
5 - Adrian Martinez decision making

All of those things are something that I think can be fixed so I feel comfortable saying they need to get better, yet not panicking that they can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back