• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

Wow. That would help open up recruiting in the west. My only issue is that no one in CA really cares about football and is this really going to help us? I would prefer we went after OU and like Tx. Tech. I'm not even sure this will really be the end though.

Oregon, Stanford and Utah, the new Okie State, Baylor ISU

Looks like market size is playing into this again. Not sure how much the San Francisco area cares about Stanford.

A merger with Big 12 and Pac 12 could be an interesting league. Wonder if conferences are getting closer to super conferences.

Last edited:

Looks like market size is playing into this again. Not sure how much the San Francisco area cares about Stanford.

A merger with Big 12 and Pac 12 could be an interesting league. Wonder if conferences are getting closer to super conferences.
The AFL merged with the NFL....

The AFL merged with the NFL....

Thomas Jefferson merged the United States with the Louisiana Purchase back in 1803.

77103495-99f7-4915-9e96-8a9b2bd536f2

Last edited:

One minute they all say "No" to super conferences, but the next minute a move like this happens so yeah, it sure looks like we're heading that way.
It'll be three majors when the dust settles. SEC, BigTen, Big12/Pac12/and leftovers . Someone will scoop up Clemson and Florida St. and the ACC will become MAC-ish.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back