• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

I highly doubt they're going varsity with their hockey programs in the very near future. Travel costs would absolutely crush their hockey budget. Additionally UCLA and USC sponsor 9 & 8 men's sports (not counting men's volleyball and water polo) each which would put them in last and second to last in the B1G.

They each have 12 women's sports (not counting beach vball and water polo) which is about average for the B1G conference members.

I think both tweets were jokes.

Last edited:

Would love to understand your views on hockey in Omaha ... they went D1 during his tenure, had some early success, built a new hockey-only stadium and got them into a tier 2 hockey conference. What did he do wrong?
He went to small on the arena at 7500 seats. They had great backing by the fans when the played at the civic center. They were averaging over 8000 and they had a pretty fired up crowd.

Then coach the good ole boy former player turned coach. ( sound familiar)

He had something and it started slipping away

Baxter Arena is pretty cool. Saw a game there last fall. I was in a suite but it was well attended.

That is bigger than I thought, but how many will pay for BTN? I'm not sure I ever hear about Seattle being a college sports city. Also Seattle is losing population and the trend seems likely to continue.
Really? Their stadium is often recognized as one of the loudest in college sports. You do not get that rep without full stadiums.

Really? Their stadium is often recognized as one of the loudest in college sports. You do not get that rep without full stadiums.

The problem here is that he's looking at very short term numbers not long-term patterns. Attendance last year was awful, which can at least partially attributed to a bad team. In 2018, however, they led the PAC in attendance, with an average of 69,068 people per game in a stadium that seats about 70,000. And as you allude to, they hold the record for the loudest stadium. As with many teams other than Nebraska (so far), attendance fluctuates with the quality of the team. Not a surprise.

Edit. Here are the 2019 numbers: 68,238 average, 18th highest in the country and 1st in the PAC. 2017 was similar, while 2014, 2015 and 2016 were a touch lower. Source: https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2013/11/19/ncaa-football-attendance.aspx

Last edited:
A 70k stadium that's built to hold sound doesn't mean jack about population. Ours holds over 90k, is Lincoln bigger than Seattle? Let's think this through before posting.

The problem here is that he's looking at very short term numbers not long-term patterns. Attendance last year was awful, which can at least partially attributed to a bad team. In 2018, however, they led the PAC in attendance, with an average of 69,068 people per game in a stadium that seats about 70,000. And as you allude to, they hold the record for the loudest stadium. As with many teams other than Nebraska (so far), attendance fluctuates with the quality of the team. Not a surprise.

Edit. Here are the 2019 numbers: 68,238 average, 18th highest in the country and 1st in the PAC. 2017 was similar, while 2014, 2015 and 2016 were a touch lower. Source: https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2013/11/19/ncaa-football-attendance.aspx
Which has what to do with TV ratings and size of the city?

Is Lincoln bigger than Seattle because our stadium holds more and sells out more?

Tv market isn't the same as a loud stadium.

Which has what to do with TV ratings and size of the city?

Is Lincoln bigger than Seattle because our stadium holds more and sells out more?

Tv market isn't the same as a loud stadium.

It has to do with you comment about Seattle not being a college sports city.

It has to do with you comment about Seattle not being a college sports city.
Because they sometimes sell out their 70k stadium? That makes them a college sports town?

I know there are some big UW fans and I know the stadium can be crazy loud, but that doesn't go to if it's a college sports town. That has everything to do with the stadium's design.

It's one year, but they're ranked 38th here. Below college powerhouses like Illinois, Navy, Iowa State, Purdue, Minny. Credit though for beating out Maryland by 1 spot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back