• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official Spring Presser and Practice Thread: 28 April Coach Frost, Tuoti , Held & 3-4 Players

Practices must have been like a "blood bath?" :)

So they had a very physical spring with alot of guys getting banged up but the most serious are the type of 4-6 week length of rehab injuries. The highest recruit's injury is from non contact?

Not saying injuries are a good thing and you don't want to see guys get hurt but overall with them having a physical spring and seeing what limits players have is this necessarily a bad thing? Obviously you don't want this during the season but can see alot of positives to a more physical spring once the season starts. See this program transitioning to power more than finesse and they went through the trials the past few weeks.

Well based on the physical Spring and minor to more serious injuries I think they have already had that
Still not sure. The fact that three walk on running backs seemed to be the only RB's to practice every day is worrisome. Sam McKewon said held said the RB's need to practice this summer like "Rocky IV", means Held is worried.

For those freaking out about thid tackling. Thud is not 2 hand touch. Thud still requires wrapping up. Still requires driving through. It only means that you do not take the player to the ground. So simply touching the player should not end the play. You must wrap and control the player. If you want more info I encourage you to go to USA football and watch the videos. Most severe injuries occur in going to the ground. Especially head injuries. Thud still teaches proper form.

Yant is not an average walk on. If not for grades he would have been on schollie at a D1 school.
Your right about Yant. NU offered him schollie. Held thinks he could be the man at 235. Held also said Morrison and Stepp both need to lean out for fall. However, Stepp's foot bothers me, athletes seem to never come back a 100% from foot injuries. Look at Jurgens, it took him three years fully recover from his foot injury. I want a back who can get 4 yards a carry and carry 25 times a game every game.

Last edited:
Your right about Yant. NU offered him schollie. Held thinks he could be the man at 235. Held also said Morrison and Stepp both need to lean out for fall. However, Stepp's foot bothers me, athletes seem to never come back a 100% from foot injuries. Look at Jurgens, it took him three years fully recover from his foot injury. I want a back who can get 4 yards a carry and carry 25 times a game every game.

So do you live in Ontario? Did you or do you go to TVCC?

Still not sure. The fact that three walk on running backs seemed to be the only RB's to practice every day is worrisome. Sam McKewon said held said the RB's need to practice this summer like "Rocky IV", means Held is worried.

No disrespect but I will take the coaches word on it

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back