• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official Spring Presser and Practice Thread: 28 April Coach Frost, Tuoti , Held & 3-4 Players

Nobody is more injury prone than Stepp. I don't know how we can count on him as any more than a committee role and hope to get at least a half-season out of him. I have zero faith in him taking a season-long pounding as a lead back. For a guy who came to LIncoln with injuries being his biggest concern -- to already be injured in the spring -- bad news.

High school junior (2016): hamstring injury on first carry of the season, missed most of the year.
High school senior (2017): missed 3 games to injury.
USC Freshman (2018): Concussion in fall camp. Played 4 games to preserve redshirt.
USC RS Freshman (2019): Appeared in first six games minus injury. Injured in game 7 against Arizona -- missed rest of the season.
USC RS Sophomore (2020): went into the season nursing an ankle, turf toe injury in camp, as well as a strained pectoral (was briefly on IR). Did play in 5 of 6 games, but sparingly in all but two. Missed Utah game due to injury.

2021 Nebraska: out of spring drills with injury.

Last edited:

Nobody is more injury prone than Stepp. I don't know how we can count on him as any more than a committee role and hope to get at least a half-season out of him. I have zero faith in him taking a season-long pounding as a lead back. For a guy who came to LIncoln with injuries being his biggest concern -- to already be injured in the spring -- bad news.

High school junior (2016): hamstring injury on first carry of the season, missed most of the year.
USC Freshman (2018): Concussion in fall camp. Played 4 games to preserve redshirt.
USC RS Freshman (2019): Appeared in first six games minus injury. Injured in game 7 against Arizona -- missed rest of the season.
USC RS Sophomore (2020): went into the season nursing an ankle, turf toe injury in camp, as well as a strained pectoral (was briefly on IR). Did play in 5 of 6 games, but sparingly in all but two. Missed Utah game due to injury.

So we should just cut bait and move on?

It didn't sound like he was injured, but more that they found something that needed cleaning up. Slight difference .
That being said, his durability is certainly I question.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back