• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Official Signing Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like not enough to adopt a team's name as a screen name or anything.

Just kidding; I appreciate different viewpoints.

Nice post. Thanks.

I am part of the institution, thus the screen name. Plus, Indian, Robber Baron or Tree would have been too hard to explain! ;)

By the way, MBF, why do you have the insignia of an Omaha lumber yard at the bottom of your posts and why does it need to be brought back? ;)

Last edited:

Have a peaceful day.

You have one too, Cardinal! I will, I'm staying away from buttons today. ;) The only comment I have is - if no one you know who has ever played the game is a fan of a team - then I'm thinking the list of who you know must be limited. I'd say its a fair statement that most who have played the game have a fond spot in their heart - and are fans of - the team(s) they played for.

You have one too, Cardinal! I will, I'm staying away from buttons today. ;) The only comment I have is - if no one you know who has ever played the game is a fan of a team - then I'm thinking the list of who you know must be limited. I'd say its a fair statement that most who have played the game have a fond spot in their heart - and are fans of - the team(s) they played for.

Yep. Claiming you don't have a team is admitting you do, but don't want to publicly admit it [for insert reasons here]

And...if you have season tickets for 2 different schools, it appears there is some rooting interest. Call me crazy. ;)

Last edited:

I hear what you are saying and I didn't do a great job of explaining, because it is very hard to explain. I am very fond of and supportive of the teams. And I'd definitely rather see them win than lose. But the best I can explain it is that there isn't the emotion involved in whether they win or lose.

And...if you have season tickets for 2 different schools, it appears there is some rooting interest. Call me crazy. ;)

I love watching college football, plus all the pomp that goes with a live college game. Do you ever enjoy watching a game that you have little or no rooting interest in?

I love watching college football, plus all the pomp that goes with a live college game. Do you ever enjoy watching a game that you have little or no rooting interest in?

You are not claiming that you have no rooting interest in CU or Stanford football, are you?

Highly, highly doubt he'd have started as a true freshman

I agree that Nebraska has recruited some very good OL recruits the past couple classes. But I am pointing out they are mainly interior lineman. Only Tyler Moore and Zach Sterup are OTs from these last couple years. I think Andrus Peat is a better prospect than Tyler Moore (who I am a huge fan of) was coming out. Looking at the Nebraska roster, who would Peat have to beat out other than Jeremian Sirles? Tyler Moore did that, why couldnt Peat? I think Nebraska has some very good looking interior lineman on roster (Andrew Rodriguez, Spencer Long, Ryan Klachko, Paul Thurston, Ryne Reeves, Seung Hoon Choi, Brent Qvale, Givens Price), but they are thin on the outside. Besides Moore and Sirles you are banking on two complete unknowns in Zach Sterup and Jake Cotton behind them.

Going to a Stanford game is worth it just to see what kind of crazy antic the band may do. Simply the most irreverent, hilarious and unorthadox organization one could ever witness!!

Last edited:
Going to a Stanford game is worth it just to see what kind of crazy antic the band may do. Simply the most irreverent, hilarious and unorthadox organizations one could ever witness!!

They are right down in there with the student section, and they really get the students going. A fantastic atmosphere for the students, who support the football team pretty darn well, considering that there are relatively quite a few at that school who believe Saturday afternoons are best spent in the chem lab! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back