• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official B1G Season Will Begin October 24: Unanimously Approved; Schedule will be 8+1

Our leadership from top to bottom provided a united front throughout this ordeal. How long has it been since we could say that? Now I am optimistic about the future of Nebraska football. I believe we finally have the right president, chancellor, AD, and coaching staff in place to succeed in returning this program to its proper place. We have heard about the support provided by leadership over the past couple of years from HCSF. We have just witnessed it for ourselves and it sure feels good.

Our leadership from top to bottom provided a united front throughout this ordeal. How long has it been since we could say that? Now I am optimistic about the future of Nebraska football. I believe we finally have the right president, chancellor, AD, and coaching staff in place to succeed in returning this program to its proper place. We have heard about the support provided by leadership over the past couple of years from HCSF. We have just witnessed it for ourselves and it sure feels good.

I agree. The way we led the charge for the league was impressive; from the players' and parents' involvement, to Frost's steadfast approach, to the advocacy from administration. For the first time in quite a while, it seems like all the pieces are there; everyone's on the same page. Cohesion in perspective, alignment of priorities, shared passion. That's what made us great for decades, and it's relieving and encouraging to see it's back. I think other programs may see it too.

In a few years we may look back on this entire conference management debacle and say it showed something special. Not trying to get ahead of myself, but it seems we have the foundation. Our record may not show it, but in some very important ways Nebraska football is back. Now let's win some games! GBR!

Anyone with a kid or a friend or a relative in this age range understands how mentally difficult this has been on those kids. It's a GIANT forgotten factor by many who continue to push for more lockdowns. This isn't political, just stating a fact; serious mental health issues have arisen and continue to rise because of the lockdowns and it's scary.

Somewhere out there, Desmond and Wilbon are needing to be consoled.

What's the old saying, there's no such thing as bad publicity? They are getting a ton of attention for all of this, I don't think this decision negatively impacts either one bit.

What's the old saying, there's no such thing as bad publicity? They are getting a ton of attention for all of this, I don't think this decision negatively impacts either one bit.

The fact that he is blocking people left and right on twitter shows the negativity hurts. He loves the praise, but cuts the criticism hurts too much, and he has gotten a lot of it.

The fact that he is blocking people left and right on twitter shows the negativity hurts. He loves the praise, but cuts the criticism hurts too much, and he has gotten a lot of it.
Fair point. I'm sure that he was not expecting the large scale backlash, just like his boy Karen Warren wasn't when he cancelled the season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back