• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official B1G Season Will Begin October 24: Unanimously Approved; Schedule will be 8+1

I'm so proud of Nebraska (the team and the state) for not buckling to the B1G and toeing the conference line. The league can stick it to us if they want with a crappy schedule of opponents, but we (with a lot of help from Ohio St.) largely caused the league to back off its stance that their earlier decision to postpone the season would not be re-visited.

8 games in 8 weeks and the CCG on 19 December

Wow no off week

8 straight weeks without a bye -- 9 straight for the two championship game participants ... and then if there's any bowl games, that'll roll right away with some not getting a week off .... heck, if teams don't lose too many players due to 21-day quarantines, there's going to be some physically worn down teams for any postseason.

Also in the article: no fans (but could be revisted later)

Last edited:

The previous revised schedule was no picnic. Those non-conference games REALLY would have helped our win column. This will be brutal but we gotta play.

I see maybe 3-4 wins on that list above.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back