• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offensive Linemen/Defensive End From New Zealand on OV To Nebraska

Based on the last name I am.going to assume he is Maori. Which are the native Pacific Islanders of New Zealand. So the same as Helu and the 400 lb tackle that played for Minnesota. (Roy grew up in the USA but his dad was a Maori rugby player)

So my point is he probably grew up playing rugby. Why is that important? Well it means he is not afraid of contact and he probably has great endurance.

Lastly maybe they would allow him to occasionally lead a Haka prior to a few games. There is nothing more exciting than watching a pre match Haka prior to a NZ test match.

Last edited:

Based on the last name I am.going to assume he is Maori. Which are the native Pacific Islanders of New Zealand. So the same as Helu and the 400 lb tackle that played for Minnesota. (Roy grew up in the USA but his dad was a Maori rugby player)

So my point is he probably grew up playing rugby. Why is that important? Well it means he is not afraid of contact and he probably has great endurance.

Lastly maybe they would allow him to occasionally lead a Haka prior to a few games. There is nothing more exciting than watching a pre match Haka prior to a NZ test match.

I have always loved watching that.

Cultural appropriation, Nebraska isnt NZ or South Pacific, a vigorous square dance would be much more appropriate :thumbsup:
If it is led by a Maori how exactly is it appropriation? You may not notice but not everyone on NZ is Maori. There are many of Eoropean descent. It is however always led by a Maori.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back