• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offensive Line

There’s a lot to be excited about in this recruiting class but nothing more exciting than the size of these 5 offensive line recruits...
6’’7 280
6’7. 280
6’7 250
6’7. 255
6’9. 301

WOW
I have said before that I think it is possible to be too tall for Oline. 6'9" is getting there.

I have said before that I think it is possible to be too tall for Oline. 6'9" is getting there.
Being 6’9”, I can relate to that. I don’t weigh 300 pounds either. I would imagine if you don’t get your pad level lower you can be driven back.

There’s a lot to be excited about in this recruiting class but nothing more exciting than the size of these 5 offensive line recruits...
6’’7 280
6’7. 280
6’7 250
6’7. 255
6’9. 301

WOW

Yes, and not to take away from your point on the OL, but this seems to be a common theme across the class. The one exception seems to be the offensive skill positions, obviously.

Can we move this to the Basketball forum where it belongs?:Wink:
Basketball commentators keep talking about the basketball center (Borchardt) getting Div 1 offers to play OT... makes sense. :) Nebrasketball has been recruiting 6'5" guys... could use a Qvale or Austin Allen type to hold down the middle. Or Zion Williamson.

Last edited:

Exactly the point I was making. As an Olinemen you want to be able to get a lower pad level. That is hard to do at 6'9".

While recognizing the need for proper mechanics and pad level, especially for run blocking, it seems that the game has evolved to the point where it’s more important for an offensive tackle to make it difficult for a fast, athletic defender to get around him than almost anything else. 6’9”, especially if you can move your feet, makes that pretty hard on the defender.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back