• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offensive line optimism!!!

So, if these guys dont pan out, then its a curse
No. If they don't pan out that is due to years of non-development on the line. That's no curse. That's bad coaching. Period.

I'm not saying anything about Austin until the end of next season (I'm still confident he can get the job done). A very important season to show his value and ability to coach up these highly regarded players. IMO, vast improvement needs to be seen.

No. If they don't pan out that is due to years of non-development on the line. That's no curse. That's bad coaching. Period.

I'm not saying anything about Austin until the end of next season (I'm still confident he can get the job done). A very important season to show his value and ability to coach up these highly regarded players. IMO, vast improvement needs to be seen.
So, Farniok and Jaimes did it all on their own? I guess theyre headstrong.
Tell me,which of MR guys has failed to step up an get noticed here?
I named the only two, and both of those were the highest rated of MRs guys. With Jaimes being slightly underated at that.
So far, I just dont see any Juniors or seniors ready to go pro, oh wait, I dont see any SF and staff junior or senior OL.

The problem with those wanted coaching changes all the time, the leash gets shorter an shorter, until common sense God give a goose, like knowing O linemen take years to develop, eludes them

So, Farniok and Jaimes did it all on their own? I guess theyre headstrong.
Tell me,which of MR guys has failed to step up an get noticed here?
I named the only two, and both of those were the highest rated of MRs guys. With Jaimes being slightly underated at that.
So far, I just dont see any Juniors or seniors ready to go pro, oh wait, I dont see any SF and staff junior or senior OL.

The problem with those wanted coaching changes all the time, the leash gets shorter an shorter, until common sense God give a goose, like knowing O linemen take years to develop, eludes them
Please tell me where I asked for a coaching change? So tired of people doing this. Makes it impossible to have a conversation.

As for Farniok and Jaimes...if you saw tremendous development amongst those two over the last three years, then we were watching two different teams. Jaimes was rated middle of the pack for B1G tackles THIS YEAR, after starting from day #1. I'm not saying he was bad, but lets be honest, you had to think he would have been much better by his senior year, but the grades don't show it. As for Farniok...c'mon man. He had two decent games all year. The rest were below average to abysmal.

Again, with that said, I know it takes time to develop linemen. If you're going to use those two as an example, and I know it's a small sample size, that isn't a glowing example of "development." But to be honest with you, I'm not sure Austin is the one to blame here. I think the lack of development comes more from Duval than the o line coach...whom I think can get the job done if the S&C staff isn't turning the linemens feet into cinder blocks.

Last edited:

Please tell me where I asked for a coaching change? So tired of people doing this. Makes it impossible to have a conversation.

As for Farniok and Jaimes...if you saw tremendous development amongst those two over the last three years, then we were watching two different teams. Jaimes was rated middle of the pack for B1G tackles THIS YEAR, after starting from day #1. I'm not saying he was bad, but lets be honest, you had to think he would have been much better by his senior year, but the grades don't show it. As for Farniok...c'mon man. He had two decent games all year. The rest were below average to abysmal.

Again, with that said, I know it takes time to develop linemen. If you're going to use those two as an example, and I know it's a small sample size, that isn't a glowing example of "development." But to be honest with you, I'm not sure Austin is the one to blame here. I think the lack of development comes more from Duval than the o line coach...whom I think can get the job done if the S&C staff isn't turning the linemens feet into cinder blocks.
Sorry, but your words are used by the never Frost crew, didnt mean to lump you in there.
I think Jaimes is a likely NFL player, but like weve seen not a true tackle.
We are getting closer to true tackle nFL talents though.

Farnioks good, but has been moved around to his detriment imo,likely would have been a decent guard with no questions on him.
He invests in himself enough here, dont be surprised seeing him playing on sunday.

As for coaching, I simply cant believe, as good as Corcoran was coming out of High school, hed play so well day one.
Same for Benhart, something going on there, they arent figuring it all on their own, and yes, they are young yet.
Players can get ruined, or stunted for a time, and the two best MR guys ight have had thise happen, yet still might make sunday.

The rest are too young to really tellon development, we are in that in between stage, where we should start seeing glimpses of whats to come.
We see some of that next year, we know theyre getting developed.

Always tough to lose two 3 year starters and the veteran leadership they brought. I think back to when we decided to go with Piper over Wilson and I was all about that, but Piper definitely didn't ever get to the level Wilson did when he was named all-conference. First year to the second year should be your most improvement though, so i'm looking for big things from Piper and Benhart. But one thing that does worry me is regression. Until we show we won't do that, it's always going to worry me.

I like Jurgens at center if he can get his snaps figured out. I said before this season that if Piper wasn't at least a 2-3 year starter something went horribly wrong, he's ahead of schedule. Benhart struggled with his height and playing guys just as strong as him but hopefully he gradually keeps improving. I like what Corcoran showed against Rutgers, the question is going to be whether we put him at tackle or guard. I think it's a lot more difficult to be an elite tackle, so i'd keep him there.

One of the things that scares me is i've been optimistic about our OL for 3 years now and we just haven't produced. In 2020 we returned every starter to an OL that looked pretty promising towards the end of 2019. We decided to go with a bit of a youth movement, and started two new guys and really struggled. We will again have two new starters for 2021, and lose a ton of experience with over 100 starts leaving between Farniok, Jaimes, and Wilson. If we were young on the OL in 2020 and that caused our issues, we may be in trouble in 2021 because we are even younger this year. Thankfully I think a little youth and getting Corcoran out there could pay dividends.

To me, its more lik money in the bank for OL guys.
Your wrs, rbs, more a what you see now kind of thing.

I like our leaders on the line we currently have than the ones who left.

We saw what happened when other young guys started, and it wasnt pretty at times.
This young group hasnt looked that bad, which to me means, theyre already ahead of the older players.

Then theres learning to play together, with even more youth, likely more growth.
Im not as worried as some who are impatient.

Piper has struggled some, and Benhart on his island some, but not like what weve seen in the past

Kinda tired of the handwringing over losing a preferred walk on to Missouri. This is one part of the team I feel will be vastly improved. Jurgens definitely has the athleticism to be a all conference center. I feel the snapping issue is a little overblown. The last three classes we’ve been bringing in the best players in the 500 mile radius. Love our young offensive line recruits. Let’s talk about what we think of the kids we have.

The snap issues that costs us multiple time, how many times have you watched other D1 programs? I would say you can watch an entire Saturday of football and not see one bad snap but Jurgens would have 2 or 3 in one game. It throws off the entire timing of the offense. You have a QB that is struggling and all it does is make AM more nervous. To be so casual about the ripples that a bad snap creates is naïve. That bein said he is a hell of a good blocker

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back