• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offensive line optimism!!!

Frosty1980

Go Big Red!
5 Year Member
Kinda tired of the handwringing over losing a preferred walk on to Missouri. This is one part of the team I feel will be vastly improved. Jurgens definitely has the athleticism to be a all conference center. I feel the snapping issue is a little overblown. The last three classes we’ve been bringing in the best players in the 500 mile radius. Love our young offensive line recruits. Let’s talk about what we think of the kids we have.

Kinda tired of the handwringing over losing a preferred walk on to Missouri. This is one part of the team I feel will be vastly improved. Jurgens definitely has the athleticism to be a all conference center. I feel the snapping issue is a little overblown. The last three classes we’ve been bringing in the best players in the 500 mile radius. Love our young offensive line recruits. Let’s talk about what we think of the kids we have.

Well, getting the ball to the QB should be an afterthought. All to often, it was an adventure.

IMO, the QB should be able to field that ball with his peripheral vision. The C has to put that ball in a basketball-sized area near the QB's chest. That way, the QB can watch the defense, and doesn't have to take his eyes off the defense, to field a hot shot coming from center, which all to often interrupted the timing of a play.

Maybe pistol formation would be a good adjustment. Maybe going under center would better suit our personnel. IDK.

I have been big on Benhartever since I saw him in person At the MD game last year. Even though I had not yet seen him play a down. He clearly stood head and shoulders (literally) above everyone else. At the time I could not see his name only the number so my son and I looked up his name. I just could not believe how big he was. Additionally knowing he was a wrestling champion. Had me very high on him. He did nothing this year to dissuade that initial observation.
Yager and Prochazka are at least similar height. Prochazka is also similar in weight out of HS. So that is 2 guys out of this class. All 5 of the Scholarship recruits the last 2 years are 6-6 or taller. That is big. We even have walk ons pushing 6-3 to 6-5.

They have a clear profile at OL. They want bigger guys than what they had when they got here. Taller.

This line will look more like a wisconsin line than at any time since we joined the Big Ten.

Jurgens will anchor with some young guys at Tackle. Piper at one Interior spot, but I think that guard spot will be interesting to watch who the next 3 guys are there.

Who is our #2 RT?

IZ thread has 142 replies! I was hoping people would want to discuss the Pipeline. We are getting some beasts in recruiting. This is Nebraska! Used to be the Offensive line U!!!!
Avoided it til just now.
Its mostly about.....recruiting!

And its not about so much IZ, but aimed eslewheres.
Guess weve had too much success on the O line recruitment to go there?

IZ thread has 142 replies! I was hoping people would want to discuss the Pipeline. We are getting some beasts in recruiting. This is Nebraska! Used to be the Offensive line U!!!!
I’ve read that “this is the year” about the oline for a decade... every year It’s the same result, the veterans aren’t that good, get outplayed by younger guys that turn into the not that good veterans being outplayed by younger guys the following year. Perhaps this is the year the young guys are more than just “the backup QB” if ya will, and actually live up to what I’d pretty reasonable expectations.. #GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back