• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offense

NeroFakesThePitch

Scout Team
15 Year Member
I am extremely curious as to what Martinez was alluding to at the 10:57 mark of this interview.

The question starts at 10:57 and is about pointing to one thing about the offense and why he thinks it will be improved.

Adrian's answer has me very curious, and I would love to hear everyone's thoughts here. Of course the first thing that popped up in my head was option! Lol Yeah, I'm a dork.

He basically didn’t want to give anything away and have to go to the principal’s office. That is why he hesitated answering the question...good call on his part. :thumbsup:

He is a class act and I hope he has a good season.

Last edited:
He basically didn’t want to give anything away and have to go to the principal’s office. That is why he hesitated answering the question...good call on his part. :thumbsup:
Totally! Thankfully, we have a forum and can collectively guess our butts off! Haha

Last edited:

I'm imagining that Frost is getting sick of getting eaten alive with "lateral pass left, lateral pass right in a cloud of dust for no gain" and is going to go more towards the Rutgers game offense at a simplistic level. Pound the run, use the TE with play-action, etc.
Man if SF is sick of that lateral pass left lateral pass right in a clout of dust no gain........I'm guessing HIPPA laws would prevent us from describing how we feel about it.

Last edited:

Since he says he and the receivers "feel really good about that", I'd guess its not running the option.

Probably just some different wrinkles to open up the vertical passing game. The pessimist in me says that in OCT, we'll look back and still be wondering what he was talking about.

Since he says he and the receivers "feel really good about that", I'd guess its not running the option.

Probably just some different wrinkles to open up the vertical passing game. The pessimist in me says that in OCT, we'll look back and still be wondering what he was talking about.
But I want it to be the option SO BAD.
Lol

Last edited:

It's not what AM brings to the table but who is backing up AM in 2021 that is the important part of the story of the offense.
AM has never gotten through a season without an injury, high school or college.
Any coach with common sense, yes even our coaches (that's a joke son, in my best Fog Horn, Leg Horn voice) know that to have a winning season Smothers and Harberg are going to have to play some snaps this season and be successful doing so.

The things that these two bring best to the table is involves running QB, so option, rollout, mis direction, that is lot's of what Dr. Tom did but in the spread formation would suit their skill set just as it does AM.

Think of a Gerry Gdowski run offense rather than what we have seen attempted the last three years, with huge TE's and WR blocking down field as well as presenting targets for QB's with just average to above average arms.

This kind of mature offense thinking by Scott and his staff greatly upsets me because it causes me to have hope, and I said I wouldn't do that any more until there were results!! :)

GBR

It's not what AM brings to the table but who is backing up AM in 2021 that is the important part of the story of the offense.
AM has never gotten through a season without an injury, high school or college.
Any coach with common sense, yes even our coaches (that's a joke son, in my best Fog Horn, Leg Horn voice) know that to have a winning season Smothers and Harberg are going to have to play some snaps this season and be successful doing so.

The things that these two bring best to the table is involves running QB, so option, rollout, mis direction, that is lot's of what Dr. Tom did but in the spread formation would suit their skill set just as it does AM.

Think of a Gerry Gdowski run offense rather than what we have seen attempted the last three years, with huge TE's and WR blocking down field as well as presenting targets for QB's with just average to above average arms.

This kind of mature offense thinking by Scott and his staff greatly upsets me because it causes me to have hope, and I said I wouldn't do that any more until there were results!! :)

GBR
People,players and coaches have been saying that for awhile now.
Whats changed?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back