• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offense vs Defense?

At this rate, we may just be asking the offense to reliably deliver 14 ppg.

Surely, Surely that can’t be too hard?!?

I hate to pull out the bat signal here, but when emergencies arise...

@ShortSideOption?
There's the question that unless you are inside the walls of Memorial Stadium you don't know. I caught a lot of flack for sticking up for Chin and saying that Frost needed to change some things, but if you look at the development in the offseason with portal transfers on top of where our rankings were for 2020... tough to not see where we need help.

I was one that wanted Chin gone. I am still not convinced we do not need an upgrade, but....if we get some or all those guys back, they could be pretty good. Right now their trajectory looks good and these guys coming back buy time for injured players such as Braxton Clark and other youth to develop.

There's the question that unless you are inside the walls of Memorial Stadium you don't know. I caught a lot of flack for sticking up for Chin and saying that Frost needed to change some things, but if you look at the development in the offseason with portal transfers on top of where our rankings were for 2020... tough to not see where we need help.

I hope (pray, beg, etc.) that Frost is capable of taking a long hard look at himself and his staff. I really like the makings of the D next year with the guys coming back. I hope Stille and Honus elect to return as well.

I was one that wanted Chin gone. I am still not convinced we do not need an upgrade, but....if we get some or all those guys back, they could be pretty good. Right now their trajectory looks good and these guys coming back buy time for injured players such as Braxton Clark and other youth to develop.

Whatever you think about Chin, good bad or otherwise - it only looks that much worse on the other side of the ball.

Last edited:
I understand that. It's not like we are lighting things up defensively. But basically any way you slice it our defense is the best unit on our team. So firing him just would seem foolish.

I said when Frost was hired it takes a special DC that would want to be here with how we run our offense. And if our defense was ever what was carrying us we would be in trouble. 2020 is a good indication of that.

I hope (pray, beg, etc.) that Frost is capable of taking a long hard look at himself and his staff. I really like the makings of the D next year with the guys coming back. I hope Stille and Honus elect to return as well.
The thing that stinks is when you aren't winning, the microscope from the outside gets bigger. I'll go back to this dead horse, but how excited were people that now that we had Lubick our TEs would be the first read now and wouldn't be forgotten? Now they had a decent year and we are upset that we aren't throwing it downfield.

Win at it all goes away.

I understand that. It's not like we are lighting things up defensively. But basically any way you slice it our defense is the best unit on our team. So firing him just would seem foolish.

I said when Frost was hired it takes a special DC that would want to be here with how we run our offense. And if our defense was ever what was carrying us we would be in trouble. 2020 is a good indication of that.

Do you know if Nebraska scripts its first series? I didn't get to watch much this year, but they seemed to move the ball right of the bat, then kind of fall apart.

Do you know if Nebraska scripts its first series? I didn't get to watch much this year, but they seemed to move the ball right of the bat, then kind of fall apart.
Yes he does but part of me thinks the script goes in the trash when backups come in. For example, people asked if it was scripted that LM passed that ball that immediately turned into an INT against Illinois I think it was.

I think we are pretty good at figuring out some deficiencies of our opponents but aren't that great when they adjust.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back