• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Off Season Prediction Thread

Kwajsker

Scout Team
What are some predictions for the offseason? Here are few I have compiled from reading between the lines of some stories and talk radio.

-We will see fewer "hype" videos showing guys throwing hundreds of pounds around and more videos showing guys laughing and having fun.

-Spring ball will be quieter than I would like. I will want to hear the news off progress and a lot less will be made public.

-Most Hyped offseason players: Newcomers - Buford, Kpai, Bretz Returners: Taylor-Britt and A. Brown,

-Biggest position battles will end up occurring at OL and DL (even though many think RB and WR will be battles. They will not be as much as expected). The rest will be pretty well established on the 2-deep going into the Fall.

What are some of your predictions?

We will have some people salivating for departed players word for word accounts for anything Nebraska, which will lead to zillion page threads

-a drug bust or two
-a rape/abuse accusation involving 3 or more players
-every team leader saying the strength training was the most brutal ever.
-off campus partying violations (noise, underage drinking, etc)
-lots of good deeds hyped (often hospital visits)
-coaching proclamations of how team is "light years ahead..."

What are some predictions for the offseason? Here are few I have compiled from reading between the lines of some stories and talk radio.

-We will see fewer "hype" videos showing guys throwing hundreds of pounds around and more videos showing guys laughing and having fun.

-Spring ball will be quieter than I would like. I will want to hear the news off progress and a lot less will be made public.

-Most Hyped offseason players: Newcomers - Buford, Kpai, Bretz Returners: Taylor-Britt and A. Brown,

-Biggest position battles will end up occurring at OL and DL (even though many think RB and WR will be battles. They will not be as much as expected). The rest will be pretty well established on the 2-deep going into the Fall.

What are some of your predictions?

684d74a712423591908a11b98e18aeba.gif

Last edited:

I predict we will feel like this is the second-coming of the 95 Huskers by the time fall rolls around.
Currently hoping for a winning record, but by the time August rolls around I’m sure I’ll be expecting an appearance in the college football playoff and two or three finalists for the Heisman. Plus probably an Outland winner. At least.

We won’t know about fan attendance until very late in the summer. Even though other schools will have decided long before us.

The BIG makes that decision, not Moos. Moos said he wants "some" fans at baseball and softball but says nobody will give him an answer or respond. Not encouraging.
Sounds like a here we ago again with these guys, how dare they the first time response
Maybe OSU gets involved and then get all the recognition lol

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back