• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Off Season/Pre-Spring Camp Husker Football News

ESPN did a feature on court storming in the wake of the Kyle Filipowski incident. Of course NU is featured.

Since the start of 2024, there have been three storms after Big Ten basketball games at Nebraska -- Jan. 9, when the Cornhuskers routed top-ranked Purdue; Feb. 1, when they came back from 19 points down to beat No. 6 Wisconsin in overtime; and Feb. 11, when the Nebraska women's team overcame a 14-point deficit to defeat Clark and No. 2 Iowa.

"I was one that stormed the court, so I'm guilty as charged," Nebraska athletic director Trev Alberts said on his monthly radio show in January about the Purdue postgame. "Even [football] Coach [Matt] Rhule looks at me and he goes, 'Are we storming the court?' And I said, 'I think we have to.'"

The university declined ESPN's requests to interview Alberts and other administrators, but provided a statement from Alberts, saying in part: "The issue is not the home team and its fans, it is the safety of the visiting team. This is an area where we can do a better job as schools and as a conference and there must be clear protocol in place to make sure the opposing team gets off the court safely. It is important for schools to communicate that plan, and that the opposing team adheres to the plan that is in place."

Of course they didn't comment that they "stormed" the court in a delayed manner and were respectful of everyone when they did!

Last edited:

Come on Man...Coach Rhule needs to wear pants ...it looks sloppy. At the MBB game last Sunday, same thing, wearing shorts. I Live it California, so it's fine, but for Nebraska? He acts like a man who went 10-2 last year. Once he wins 10 at Nebraska he can wear a clown suit if he wants.

Last edited:

Come on Man...Coach Rhule needs to wear pants ...it looks sloppy. At the MBB game last Sunday, same thing, wearing shorts. I Live it California, so it's fine, but for Nebraska? He acts like a man who went 10-2 last year. Once he wins 10 at Nebraska he can wear a clown suit if he wants.
Good grief, you are wound a little too tight. Bashing a man for wearing shorts? Get a life.

Are you applying to be his personal valet?

I've known some guys in Nebraska who wear shorts year round. Yes, even saw one guy wearing shorts in knee deep snow. It happens.

If that doesn't help you get over seeing Rhule in shorts, I want you to imagine seeing Rhule in that picture wearing a speedo.

Now doesn't that help you get over the thought of him wearing shorts. It could have been so much worse! :Biggrin:

I've known some guys in Nebraska who wear shorts year round. Yes, even saw one guy wearing shorts in knee deep snow. It happens.

If that doesn't help you get over seeing Rhule in shorts, I want you to imagine seeing Rhule in that picture wearing a speedo.

Now doesn't that help you get over the thought of him wearing shorts. It could have been so much worse! :Biggrin:
I was a fed ex driver for fifteen years and there were always two or three guys that wore shorts all thru winter (in Omaha). I see it all the time in grocery stores and such. I’m a wus when it comes to cold weather so I don’t understand it but there it is

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back