• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ochaun Mathis entering NFL draft

Saw some flashes but he would have benefited from another year in school. Best of luck to the young man but I don’t think he will be drafted.
Is the XFL still a thing? That might be an option for players like Mathis who could really use more fine tuning. Wish him luck but I don't think he'd make it in the NFL now.

I assume OM has some good/better tape from when he was at TCU. Thought I read where he was All conference & lead league in sacks before transferring to NEB, but I could be wrong. Wonder weather he’d make same decision to leave TCU if he had to do it over again….hindsight is 20/20, especially when you’re 4-8. Regardless, Good luck to OM in the NFL.

Mathis is going to be 24 in less than a month. If he thinks he’s a pro might as well go for it now. Though if he whiffs he might miss another year of NIL.
He’s currently projected as a 7th round pick. Even if he ends up a free agent that ends up on a practice squad the OTA and training camp pay plus the $11,500 weekly minimum in season practice squad pay is most likely more then another year of NIL

I am no expert, but I think he could benefit from another year in college. I do understand, though,his interest now that he s projected as a 7th round pick.

Saw some flashes but he would have benefited from another year in school. Best of luck to the young man but I don’t think he will be drafted.

I bet he is able to get signed as an UDFA. Lots of talent there. He needed more time at NU - he was just showing flashes of what he could do.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back