• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

O-Town Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fidone didn't grow up a die hard Husker fan, who grew up with generations of his family also bleeding scarlet and cream, he's not at Nebraska. That's true.

I think it’s less common now than in the past, but it’s not at all uncommon for a kids family associations to play a role.

I heard most of the cycle how everyone ‘in the know’ would be pretty happy if Fidone comes to Lincoln. Now he’s in and it’s something we just didn’t screw up. It was a given.

It seems like it doesn’t matter how something falls, we’re going to cut the staff with one side of the blade or the other regardless.

When they get reciprocated interest, especially from a high priority target or position, this staff does a really good job of using multiple coaches to build a relationship with the kid. You hear a lot about how a kid has near daily contact with either his position coach, area recruiter, coordinator or from Frost.

So the staff struggles to recruit kids that do not show interest in coming to NU?? Is that what you mean when you say they do well if they have reciprocated interest (both ways, right?).

I think it is probably very difficult for any staff or coach to have a good track record on guys who aren't interested in their school. Except some schools automatically have more recruits who are interested in them. (OSU, Clemson, Bama?)

I think it’s less common now than in the past, but it’s not at all uncommon for a kids family associations to play a role.

I heard most of the cycle how everyone ‘in the know’ would be pretty happy if Fidone comes to Lincoln. Now he’s in and it’s something we just didn’t screw up. It was a given.

It seems like it doesn’t matter how something falls, we’re going to cut the staff with one side of the blade or the other regardless.
That happens when you lose a lot of games. I'll be honest, I'm still amazed at how patient most of the fanbase is considering the results of the first three years. No other coach even makes it to year four here with that kind of record. It's up to Frost now to make something of it.

That happens when you lose a lot of games. I'll be honest, I'm still amazed at how patient most of the fanbase is considering the results of the first three years. No other coach even makes it to year four here with that kind of record. It's up to Frost now to make something of it.

I’ll agree that we don’t see this level of patience if not for Frost. That’s why I’m still willing to give him year four.

This year is an anomaly, and dont be surprised if the portal is even bigger next year.
So many recruits are committing sight unseen, their junior and senior years have been not played, or riddled with delays and cancelations etc.

In normal years, its not uncommon for kids to find their original school of choice wasnt as good as first thought will be magnified this year, and getting away from home becomes a less grand ideal.

But, thats recruiting

Last edited:
If Fidone didn't grow up a die hard Husker fan, who grew up with generations of his family also bleeding scarlet and cream, he's not at Nebraska. That's true.
What does that even mean? You somehow know that if he wasn't a Husker fan with family ties there's zero chance SF could recruit him to Lincoln? How would you know this? Sounds a lot like staff bashing which seems to be in fashion on the board lately.

What does that even mean? You somehow know that if he wasn't a Husker fan with family ties there's zero chance SF could recruit him to Lincoln? How would you know this? Sounds a lot like staff bashing which seems to be in fashion on the board lately.
Frost and company can only recruit kids who are life long Husker fans. You don’t think all those recruits that put the last three classes in the top 20 grew up Husker fans? Check yourself, man. Don’t you know how popular the Huskers are in Hawaii? It’s Rainbows and Huskers all the way on the islands. Now all we need to do is get out there and turn over more 17 year old Husker fans who are elite athletes. Recruiting 101, bro!

Frost and company can only recruit kids who are life long Husker fans. You don’t think all those recruits that put the last three classes in the top 20 grew up Husker fans? Check yourself, man. Don’t you know how popular the Huskers are in Hawaii? It’s Rainbows and Huskers all the way on the islands. Now all we need to do is get out there and turn over more 17 year old Husker fans who are elite athletes. Recruiting 101, bro!
You guys are taking his and my words way out of context. Chill out.

You guys are taking his and my words way out of context. Chill out.
Yes, I agree. It’s sarcastic hyperbole. Just pointing out that based on all the other recruits the staff has landed we can’t say that Fidone would not have signed with Nebraska if he wasn’t a fan. And it’s not just you. A number of posters here don’t give the staff the credit they deserve in recruiting but are quick to point out how bad they are when we don’t get a commitment we think we should. It’s been way over the top and frankly unfair.

262171ee-6563-478d-9818-9fd30fb9cfb2_77069248315599.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back