• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU's reign as Big 10 West recruiting champions likely coming to an end this year

Wisky getting 5 star offensive lineman doesn't scare me. OLine is the position where you can develop players the most. Just because they landed a couple 5 star tackles doesn't mean they'll be any better than Joe Thomas. Our best offensive lineman the last 10 years was a walk-on.

What does scare me is the prospect of Wisky getting the talent at other positions that have kept them from keeping up with the elites of college football. While they've always developed good linebackers, getting a talent like TJ Bollers will elevate their play in the back seven. And they've always been pretty mediocre at QB but a guy like Graham Mertz (class of 2020) might change that. Those are some of the pieces they need to elevate their play and beat OSU.

I also think football can turn with just grabbing one or two of the right players. For all the 4 stars we've grabbed over the years, Wan'Dale has been worth more than most all of them put together. Adrian his freshman year was a difference maker. It's about identifying the right guys, the right game changers. Hopefully Thomas Fidone is our next one.
The best thing that ever happened to Wisconsin was Bielema leaving. Remember he left Wisky for a “better” opportunity at Arkansas. They’ve really broke through since getting rid of him.

The best thing that ever happened to Wisconsin was Bielema leaving. Remember he left Wisky for a “better” opportunity at Arkansas. They’ve really broke through since getting rid of him.
He once told me he would have stayed if Wisconsin would have matched his assistant salary pool that Arkansas was going to give him. "I was sick of losing assistants to lateral jobs that just paid more." Of course, he was also telling me I needed to coach players to gator roll after tackling someone so he was on a decent level at that time of night.

Last edited:
They should’ve put together some sort of hybrid OV, with no staff contact, where schools could pay for travel and lodging so that recruits could at least get a feel for the place they’ll possibly be living for the next couple years.

This sucks:

Last edited:
Maybe more of the 2021 recruits will wait until February to sign if there is some hope for OV's in January and early February. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think they're a much better team overall without him but remember that the last time they won a conference title was with Bret. The Big Ten has gotten much, much tougher in the last 5 years.

I think they're a much better team overall without him but remember that the last time they won a conference title was with Bret. The Big Ten has gotten much, much tougher in the last 5 years.
Ain’t that the truth. I remember when Penn St was in shambles over the Sandusky thing, Ohio St in shambles after Tressel, and Michigan struggling at the same time. Those were the days.

The capability of our team is a big unknown to me. Last year's opening game we came out strong against CU and then let it slip away in the fourth quarter. Most every game after that was a downhill slide. With the talent we have we should/must go 6-2 but I just don't know what to expect. It is a must that we show a big improvement.
I really want HCSF to bring us back but I guess I have to have it proven to me he can.

1601584408974.png

The capability of our team is a big unknown to me. Last year's opening game we came out strong against CU and then let it slip away in the fourth quarter. Most every game after that was a downhill slide. With the talent we have we should/must go 6-2 but I just don't know what to expect. It is a must that we show a big improvement.
I really want HCSF to bring us back but I guess I have to have it proven to me he can.

View attachment 52603

You overrate our talent. Plus much of what we do have is young and very inexperienced. "Should/must go 6-2" is crazy, inpatient talk. Would be great if we do, but we'll be fine if we don't.

With the talent we have we should/must go 6-2 but I just don't know what to expect.
"Should/must go 6-2" is crazy, inpatient talk. Would be great if we do, but we'll be fine if we don't.
I can flat out see us going 6 - 2 this crazy year. That's just dumb to even have to type, but here we are...... 6 wins this year baby....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back