• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Numbers Nightmare

An unfortunate element of today's QB driven game. The position pays the best at the next level, and commensurate attention walks hand in hand with that coin. If you don't like the attention, and your name bandied about for good or bad, go out for safety.
AM did much well. One harder to define aspect of QBing is making plays when a team needs them. On a complete team, fewer plays are needed from the QB, thus he needn't show as much as a QB on a haphazzard team such as the Husks have been. So many holes, it was asking a ton from a QB, and it wasn't his fault that so little support came from elsewhere. However, the opportunity to make a name was equally there for the taking.
It might not have been a fair situation, but had AM ever made just one big play to win a game, that well might have changed fortunes for the program. And the manner in which he will be remembered.
Good points and a fair portrayal of the AM years.

I don't know. Scott Frost coached teams that depended on outstanding qb play. Mariota,, Milton come to mind. He would have to change a lot of his offensive philosophy if he played a different type of qb. Maybe he would have if he had to? Who knows?
Problem is, QBs like those guys aren't a dime a dozen. And when you recruit a guy and miss, you're screwed for the next couple of years if your offense is as complex as they make it sound.

That isn't true, but I guess we choose to see what we want.
In general it’s way true. Am by name gets blamed for our losses 20 times more than the rest of the players put together. In fact I’d say, at least on this board, his name is brought up more for our losses than Scott frost does.

6ksfc2.gif

In general it’s way true. Am by name gets blamed for our losses 20 times more than the rest of the players put together. In fact I’d say, at least on this board, his name is brought up more for our losses than Scott frost does.

Well you also believe that people still think Frost is the 2nd coming of TO, so I'm thinking your view might be a little jaded. AM is gone, I wish him well and hope he succeeds. And when the season starts, I won't care one iota because he's not here anymore.

Well you also believe that people still think Frost is the 2nd coming of TO, so I'm thinking your view might be a little jaded. AM is gone, I wish him well and hope he succeeds. And when the season starts, I won't care one iota because he's not here anymore.
Fair enough. I will add one last thing. If the SF supporters don’t believe SF is ever going to get us to the winning level of TO in the form of winning conference titles and Championships then why so insistent on retaining him? Let’s move on and give the next guy a chance.

Fair enough. I will add one last thing. If the SF supporters don’t believe SF is ever going to get us to the winning level of TO in the form of winning conference titles and Championships then why so insistent on retaining him? Let’s move on and give the next guy a chance.

Well I guess we will see after this year, won't we? Frost got his mulligan, 100% because of who he is. If he takes it and succeeds, great. If he doesn't, he was given more than enough time and it didn't work. I still think he has a high ceiling, unfortunately what I didn't see was how low the floor was.

Well I guess we will see after this year, won't we? Frost got his mulligan, 100% because of who he is. If he takes it and succeeds, great. If he doesn't, he was given more than enough time and it didn't work. I still think he has a high ceiling, unfortunately what I didn't see was how low the floor was.
I hope you are right that he shows enough success this year to give us hope for future success. What I don’t hope is it’s a mediocre year and fans move the goal posts again to justify keeping him. After all, the majority of posters said bowl or done last year. And then somehow changed their tune with only 3 wins.

I hope you are right that he shows enough success this year to give us hope for future success. What I don’t hope is it’s a mediocre year and fans move the goal posts again to justify keeping him. After all, the majority of posters said bowl or done last year. And then somehow changed their tune with only 3 wins.

You were doing great until your last 2 sentences.

Hopefully this team just breaks out in a huge way and everyone can say, "wow, finally" and Frost doesn't just stay around the cut line.
If not and Trev moves on, we are in a much better place than in the past where our reputation was "they fire 9 win coaches." Most see that Frost was given every opportunity and then some plus good NIL in place and Trev's reputation can only help attract a decent pool of candidates.

Law of averages say turnovers, bumbling mistakes, head scratching decisions, etc., can’t continue, and the pendulum would swing in NU’s favor. I mean, usually, these things tend to level out. That said, these types of things have been going on thru several coaches, not just Frost.
The Law of averages says "NO more Martinez." Things are looking up for the Huskers.

The fans don’t get to decide whether or not he stays or goes. Rationalizing Trev’s decision to keep him has no bearing on whether or not he stays after this year. Right now the two camps seem to be “wait and see” or “I’ve seen enough”. I don’t see much evidence of a camp that says, “Frost is the second coming of TO, give him time.” And if we see another 3-9 year with multiple close losses, I’m guessing most of the “wait and see” camp will move on pretty easily to “too bad it didn’t work out…….Next up!!!”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back