• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Wrestling (H.S. & College) List of Champions 2022-23

On/By Tyler Weeda
"When I graduated from Coe College in 2011, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. My ultimate goal was to be an athletic trainer for a Division I wrestling program.

This was easier said than done.

At the time, there were around 76 DI wrestling programs in the country. Of those 76 programs, only eight or nine had graduate assistants on staff.

Worse yet, there were only two schools that had openings for graduate assistants.

Needless to say, the odds were not in my favor. "'

Tyler was a God-send. He helped me countless hours a day to get back on track, in addition to his duties with our collegiate team. He worked tirelessly for new innovative ways to get me ready in time. He spent about four hours with me a day for three weeks, making sure when I stepped on the mat I would be confident. It was a total team effort.
Jordan Burroughs

NU recruit Adam Koehler will wrestle in the Askren Wrestling Academy and Pinnacle Wrestling School meet.

"At 132 lbs, #8 Kellen Wolbert and #6 Alan Koehler will meet for the first time in their high school careers. Koehler's Minnesota state title this year came at 126 lbs. The senior will head to Nebraska in the fall but not before competing for a spot on the U20 World Team at 57 kg."

"The 20 freestyle matches on the card feature 14 wrestlers ranked in the top 20 in their weight class and 6 different matches between ranked opponents. The action goes down on Friday, April 14 and can be streamed on WIwrestle's Rokfin page."

#11 Kellen Wolbert over #4 Alan Koehler 8-8

Last edited:
Mikey Labriola (Wrestling) was chosen as Best Male Athlete after reaching the NCAA Finals at 174 pounds. On the year, the Easton, Pa., product went 30-2, including a 14-0 record in dual competition, as the Huskers placed third at the Big Ten meet and eighth at the NCAAs. The first five-time All-American in program history, Labriola's only two losses came in the finals of the Big Ten and NCAA meets to three-time NCAA Champion Carter Starocci, who has not lost a match since the 2021 Big Ten Championships. Labriola posted four technical falls and seven major decisions in 2022-23, winning titles at the Cliff Keen Invitational and the Navy Classic. He finished his Husker career with a 120-28 mark, as his 120 wins ranked ninth in school history.

NU Wrestlers in the Portal:

Quinten ChavezSophomore125May 4Nebraska
Logan ValledorFreshman125April 27Nebraska
Nathan WemstromFreshman197April 20Nebraska
Cameron GrahamFreshman157April 19To Nebraska-Kearney
Nicholas StoltenbergSophomore157April 18Nebraska
Dayne MortonSenior149April 13Nebraska
Roman SchwabFreshman285February 10Nebraska
Zakary TaylorSophomore197December 10Nebraska
Reese DavisFreshman157NebraskaTo OCU

Last edited:

4 May 2023 NCAA Div I individual rankings:

Nebraska:
Team Tournament #6

125 Caleb Smith #13
141 Brock Hardy # 5
149 Ridge Lovett #2
157 Peyton Robb #3
165 Bubba Wilson #11
184 Lenny Pinto #15
197 Silas Allred #5

Last edited:

"This is one of the better classes to come out of Nebraska in a long time with two guys here heading to Big Ten schools in Joel Adams to Michigan and Kael Lauridsen to Nebraska. Adams, a three-time Nebraska state champion, will be taking a gap year to focus on making the Olympic team in Greco-Roman. After winning the 2022 U17 World Championship at 65kg, he recently bumped up to 67kg to wrestle in the Senior-level US Open while still in high school. All he did was pin an Olympian on the way to a fifth-place finish. Adams is ranked #35 on the Class of 2023 Big Board after finishing his senior year 48-0.

Lauridsen just won his fourth Nebraska state title and was a big-time commit for the Huskers. He's ranked #64 on the Class of 2023 Big Board and projects at 133 pounds in Lincoln. Beyond that, there's three-time state champion Tyler Stewart who's going to Southeast CC and Aiden Robertson who's going to Air Force after an LDS mission. Landon Ternus was a force this year at 220 pounds and will walk on at Nebraska to play fullback for the football team. "

RankNameSchoolWeightCollege
1Joel AdamsMillard South145Michigan
2Kael LauridsenBennington126Nebraska
3Tyler StewartOmaha North220Southeast CC
4Aiden RobertsonMillard South170Air Force
5Landon WeidnerHastings160Augustana
6Landon TernusColumbus Lakeview220Nebraska (Football)
7Alexander SchademannFillmore Central138
8Braiden KortHastings120Augustana
9Kyler MoselPlainview138
10Nickolas KuehnKenesaw132

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back