• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Wrestling B1G Championship, NCAA Brackets

Labriola comes from behind win 5-4 against the #2 seed to wrestle for Third against the guy (Truax) who beat him 4-2 yesterday. Red to wrestle for 5th.

Last edited:
I don't know what happened but it is disappointing. Too often we get to the NCAAs and then do poorly. We haven't had a National Champion since Jordan Boroughs in 2010. It seems we don't know how to get prepared for the big time competition, mentally or motivationally. It also seem we don't know how to develop and train championship wrestlers like Iowa, PSU, OSU, Minnie, Okie St. We can get a few to the All American level, which is great, but only a few. I hate to say and see it! We are great at recruiting the 2-3-4 time state champions who don't produce as you would think they would. Of course we are in the toughest conference in the US but that would seem it should help in development.
Too bad the NCAAs got cancelled last year. Some were saying we had a shot at the team title (provided another choke didn't happen). Just seems like our men's sports have been snake bit the last few years.

Labriola revenges his earlier loss to Truax and wins (8-4) for Third. Red sixth.

Those two scored the majority of the points for the Team score of 38. Labriola scored 15.5 and Red scored 10 team points. Team finishes disappointing 12 place.

Last edited:
Labriola revenges his earlier loss to Truax and wins (8-4) for Third. Red sixth.

Those two scored the majority of the points for the Team score of 38. Labriola scored 15.5 and Red scored 10 team points.
Schultz had the biggest choke job I ever recall seeing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back