• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs NORTHERN IOWA, Game #32 (WNIT - W, 77-57) @ PBA, Sun 3/19/23 @ 2 pm CDT on BTN+ (pay) (Game/Recap Thread)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Post Season WNIT ---- 2ND ROUND
............. Don't Miss it! .........
index.php

(Tickets: Huskers.com / 1-800-8-BIG-RED)

Nebraska Cornhuskers (17-14, 8-10 Big Ten)
vs. Northern Iowa Panthers (23-9, 16-4 Missouri Valley)
Postseason WNIT Second Round
Sunday, March 19, 2023, 2 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Nebraska
Live Video:
B1G+ (Jessica Coody, Jami Hagedorn)
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (1:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)

:Hooray:
... Cheer the Team ...
:Shout:

BEAT THE LADY PANTHERS

Last edited:

Scouting the Northern Iowa Panthers
Coach Tanya Warren starred at Creighton in the mid-1980s, is in her 16th season leading UNI. Northern Iowa brings a 23-9 overall record to Lincoln after running to an 88-76 win over Colorado State in the WNIT first round.

In games against common opponents with the Huskers, Northern Iowa swept Drake with a 70-69 win in Des Moines (Jan. 11) and a 49-47 victory in Cedar Falls (Feb. 1). The Panthers lost to Creighton, 85-66, in Cedar Falls (Nov. 20), and lost at Iowa, 88-74 (Dec. 18).
The Panthers are a solid offensive team that averages 75.1 points per game, while hitting 44.4 percent of their field goal attempts and an impressive 35.3 percent of their three-point attempts. They own a plus-2.2 turnover margin and a plus-1.2 rebound margin, while holding the opposition to just 65.1 points per game. UNI has limited opponents to just 39.9 percent shooting, including 30.4 percent from beyond the arc.
Northern Iowa is led by sophomore Grace Boffeli. The 6-1 forward is averaging team bests of 16.3 points and 9.2 rebounds, while hitting 55.3 percent of her shots from the field, including 41.7 percent (15-36) of her three-point attempts.
The Panthers feature a deep playing rotation that includes 5-9 sophomore Kayba Laube (5.1 ppg 2.1 rpg), 5-5 freshman Taryn Wharton (4.4 ppg, 1.5 rpg) and 5-10 junior Cailyn Morgan (3.7 ppg, 1.5 rpg). The trio has combined to hit 73-of-225 three-pointers (.324). Ryley Goebel, a 5-11 Freshman forward leads UNI with 40 blocks and 43 steals.

Last edited:
Glad to see the time separation between Women's basketball and the baseball game
.I will be here :thumbsup:

Well, alas, both games start at the same time!! :(
I choose to watch the gals, then check on the baseball
game sporadically

Last edited:

Saw this elsewhere:
UNI will be a handful for the Huskers. They have some quality wins and beat Drake and played Iowa and Iowa State to tight games. We need to be at our best.?

We will have to play our Best; and get off to a fast Start!
:Gobigred:

I have chosen to watch the gals play, instead of calling the baseball game. I am sure many will have the same dilemma. I am going to see if I can give info on the game sporadically. If someone is going to listen to the baseball game, I am hoping they will supply info during the game.

A dilemma, right:? Geeeesh!!!!!

I am going to try and stay on the baseball game, and listen. I will watch the basketball game without sound? See how that goes.
Going to the baseball forum. :Wave:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back