• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs NORTHERN IOWA, Game #32 (WNIT - W, 77-57) @ PBA, Sun 3/19/23 @ 2 pm CDT on BTN+ (pay) (Game/Recap Thread)

I agree she is much better coach than anyone on our staff and develops players much better. I don't like her sideline demeanor much but if on our team I would probably accept it. Always barking at officials and I think she influences calls her way.

I agree she is much better coach than anyone on our staff and develops players much better. I don't like her sideline demeanor much but if on our team I would probably accept it. Always barking at officials and I think she influences calls her way.

Show me a coach who isn't trying to get the officials on their side. Some are worse than others...I'd say Bluder is on the calmer side most of the time. I'd need to get to a Nebraska game in person to compare Bluder with our current coach.

If you want to really see a coach who I would hold up as example of "worst" sideline coach...watch the Louisville coach against Texas tonight.

Example:
1679325669425.png

Last edited:
I can see why you wouldn't like Clark - why Bluder?

FYI - I was at the Iowa/Georgia game yesterday. As much as you see Clark complain on camera, she also is frequently talking to the officials off-camera. The officials weren't buying what she was selling... I'm not a big fan of that attitude either; but, she is probably the top player this season. She can score almost any time she chooses; but, more importantly, has passing vision and skills that most players do not have. 12 assists yesterday and leads the nation.

For Bluder, my wife got student season tickets her first year at Iowa and to see how those players improved over the course of that first season showed what a great coach she is. I'd take her in a heartbeat at Nebraska. Curious what you don't like about her.

For the record, if we could get Jan Jensen to ever leave Bluder's side, our post development would be off the charts. Markowski probably came into her freshman year better than Czano or Gustafson at Iowa in their first seasons. If we had Jan Jensen, Markowski could be all-american caliber by the time she graduates. The Iowa posts are already into their scoring moves as the ball gets into their hands...it's automatic muscle memory. Markowski seems to hesitate before making her moves, which gives the defense time to adjust.
Unfortunately Markowski is just a bit too short in the post. She is a great player and hustler but now that teams focus on her, being 6'2" is starting to catch up to her a bit. That is where some of her hesitation is getting to her. It seems as though Izzy has all of a sudden found some confidence under there.

Unfortunately Markowski is just a bit too short in the post. She is a great player and hustler but now that teams focus on her, being 6'2" is starting to catch up to her a bit. That is where some of her hesitation is getting to her. It seems as though Izzy has all of a sudden found some confidence under there.

Czinano and Gustafson are 6'3". Gustafson was National Player of the Year. Czinano was on one of the All Big Ten teams.

Last edited:

Markowski is a little lead footed. Slow on the uptake. Also, she tends to foul too much. I still think she needs to shed a few pounds. Not meant to insult her, but as I said, heavy footed. :Computer:

It seems to me that is very similar to Kate Cain's experience (6'5", Alexis is listed @ 6'3"). Once the teams got used to her and could focus on her, she wasn't as effective scoring (continued to be a shot-blocker par excellence).

Alexis (at least this season) already seems to be a better scorer and with assists, but turns the ball over much more than Kate. (Now there I go again; acting just like I know what I'm talking about :Lol: :redface: )

Deficiencies; hesitation (i.e. moves), footwork, conditioning (maybe?); Isn't that what player development and coaching is supposed to be all about?

She is hit with a lot of fouls, but she also Attracts a lot of fouls, most unfortunately not called.

In short, I think we have a Star here.

Last edited:

It seems to me that is very similar to Kate Cain's experience (6'5", Alexis is listed @ 6'3"). Once the teams got used to her and could focus on her, she wasn't as effective scoring (continued to be a shot-blocker par excellence).

Alexis (at least this season) already seems to be a better scorer and with assists, but turns the ball over much more than Kate. (Now there I go again; acting just like I know what I'm talking about :Lol: :redface: )

Deficiencies; hesitation (i.e. moves), footwork, conditioning (maybe?); Isn't that what player development and coaching is supposed to be all about?

She is hit with a lot of fouls, but she also Attracts a lot of fouls, most unfortunately not called.

She misses badly on so many shots under the bucket. And it seems she has wore down as season goes on. Glad she didn't go to Iowa, she would be a superstar there.

She does seem worn down, maybe that's because she works so hard at rebounding. I do think if they could work on her foot speed a little and play her more like a forward that would help her out. They kind of went that route later in the season as Izzy was playing better underneath.

Czinano and Gustafson are 6'3". Gustafson was National Player of the Year. Czinano was on one of the All Big Ten teams.
Gustafson moved faster than Markowski does, Czinano looked to have her by at least 2in when they were on the floor together.

Last edited:
Gustafson moved faster than Markowski does, Czinano looked to have her by at least 2in when they were on the floor together.

Did you see Gustafson as a first year? She may have been a little faster naturally; but, not by much. Working constantly on footwork and Mikan drills is what she has said made her into the player she became.

Alexis has less fouls than Kate, because she is not as active. Alexis gets just about all of her fouls underneath the bucket, for sure!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back