• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs N. Illinois score prediction contest. Congrats @Huskerthom he wins with a 46-6. Sorry took so long I was a wee bit drunken last night.

In my almost 9 years on this site...I rarely participate in the yearly or weekly pick em contest because it doesn’t interest me that much. Also, coaching multiple sports in the fall doesn’t lend itself for a lot of extra time which is why I rarely get to see a game in Lincoln unless it is a vb/fb doubleheader once a season if I am lucky.

I choose not to analyze the prediction percentage of members to determine credibility because I don’t see the point in it and my time is too valuable for such an activity. I rarely even click on the prediction contest because by the time I get to it most weeks it is 8-10 pages and I don’t want to take the time to read it. Like anyone on this site, I enjoy reading the contributions of many members regardless of their knowledge base.

FWIW...I never drink the Kool-Aid by any means. I was “hoping” for an 8-4 regular season...guess it is too late to make that an official prediction. :Sarcasm:

When I have the time to visit this site, I look at it as simply a fun way to engage with others that share a similar interest in Husker athletics...nothing more...nothing less.

Last edited:

I choose not to analyze the prediction percentage of members to determine credibility because I don’t see the point in it and my time is too valuable for such an activity.
You've got time to let me know you're miffed, but not for reading others' predictions (which took all of 10 minutes). Got it. You've got time to let me know that you coach "multiple sports in the fall," but not enough to mention those sports? Lacrosse, cross country, volleyball, and soccer are fall sports, and so is crew rowing.

Since we're talking about football, and I have a relative surplus of time--and mine is much less precious--let me recap: You picked your supposedly beloved Huskers to give up as many points to Northern Illinois as Illinois State gave up in their season opener ... at Northern Illinois. So, you thought our defense in week 3 at home would be roughly comparable to an FCS afterthought team's defense in week 1 on the road. Interesting. It's also interesting that you weren't too busy to attend the games.

Coach, if you just admitted that it was a bad prediction, what would I have left to say? Instead of doing that, you justify it ... and that wastes more of your time.

In my almost 9 years on this site...I rarely participate in the yearly or weekly pick em contest because it doesn’t interest me that much. Also, coaching multiple sports in the fall doesn’t lend itself for a lot of extra time which is why I rarely get to see a game in Lincoln unless it is a vb/fb doubleheader once a season if I am lucky.

I choose not to analyze the prediction percentage of members to determine credibility because I don’t see the point in it and my time is too valuable for such an activity. I rarely even click on the prediction contest because by the time I get to it most weeks it is 8-10 pages and I don’t want to take the time to read it. Like anyone on this site, I enjoy reading the contributions of many members regardless of their knowledge base.

FWIW...I never drink the Kool-Aid by any means. I was “hoping” for an 8-4 regular season...guess it is too late to make that an official prediction. :Sarcasm:

When I have the time to visit this site, I look at it as simply a fun way to engage with others that share a similar interest in Husker athletics...nothing more...nothing less.
Ummmm ok.

Meanwhile, here's a handy list of those who thought NIU would win, most of whom thought that NIU would score points by the bushel, apparently, even though they hadn't scored more than 24, and that had been against FCS-level Illinois State....

Let me know if I missed any, and I'll add them in.
I've been doin a little reverse psychology thing hoping if I pick against them that they will win. Guess what?! It worked!

Last edited:
You've got time to let me know you're miffed, but not for reading others' predictions (which took all of 10 minutes). Got it. You've got time to let me know that you coach "multiple sports in the fall," but not enough to mention those sports? Lacrosse, cross country, volleyball, and soccer are fall sports, and so is crew rowing.

Since we're talking about football, and I have a relative surplus of time--and mine is much less precious--let me recap: You picked your supposedly beloved Huskers to give up as many points to Northern Illinois as Illinois State gave up in their season opener ... at Northern Illinois. So, you thought our defense in week 3 at home would be roughly comparable to an FCS afterthought team's defense in week 1 on the road. Interesting. It's also interesting that you weren't too busy to attend the games.

Coach, if you just admitted that it was a bad prediction, what would I have left to say? Instead of doing that, you justify it ... and that wastes more of your time.

Volleyball and basketball. I hope to make better picks in the future. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

You sir are correct, my bad. I'll go back through here after bit.
We're watching you, ksuhusker

:Giggle:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back