• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU vs Minnesota ~ Match 7 (L ~ 1-3) ~ Fri, 2/19/21 @ 8:00 pm CST, BTN~TV (Match Thread)

I hope this was just an off night HUSKERS and that you have a better match on Sunday. :Rockon:

Nebraska.png
EXT MATCH vs
Northwestern-Minnesota: 5 reasons to hate the Golden ...
again on Sun, 2/21/21 @ 11:00 am CST, BT
N~TV

Husker offense much too predictable, OH again and again and again, then maybe a MB attack once in awhile, then a MB slide to allow the MB to be a part of the offense. Minn did a great job of watching tapes and shut down the Husker offense. However, the Huskers seemingly "gave away" game #3 which could have turned this entire match around. Minn's defensive plan was interesting to watch - load up on blocking the Husker OH and rely on their stud libero to pass well and be a dominant server. Husker coaches need to watch the tape of this match and admit they need to adjust their offensive plans. I felt sorry for Knuckles as she struggled horribly in the first part of the match, but gained her footing and played much better in the 4-set match.

Sun’s performance was disappointing (especially hitting; she was really good on the block). She’s a great player, but I was hoping that by the end of her run here she would be elite, national player of the year candidate. Had game 3 on her arm and had a hitting error. Sameday was way better. Difference in the match.

I think Madi is our best outside. Lexi is also very good (terrible night last night) but the Jazz/Riley combo needs to step up. I think Riley has more upside as this is only her first year starting and only game 7.

Caffey is a way better attacker than Callie, but I think Callie is a way better blocker. I didn’t think we got enough last night from Caffey to warrant her over Callie — I might just be biased to Callie as I’ve always thought she was cute.

Cook always seems to have us playing our best at the end of the year, but this team is surprisingly a work in progress at this point. I have faith and still hope to use my final 4 tickets to watch the Huskers.

here is where I am..

Hames is not that elite setter NU needs, and she is a bit too short. Our hitters are not playing at an elite level. The Minny outside hitters are at that level, and can be counted on for the kill when needed.

Blocking is not good, I will leave it at that.

I think NU losing again today.. probably 3-1 again

Last edited:
Tough one to lose. I watched this morning game! More like, huh? Complete control all game. Just needed a wake-up call, that's all. Wonder what was said in the locker room? Great coach! As said, haven't lost 2 in a row in a long time!! GBR!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back