• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v SD

Thanks Ackos for the PBP.

SAN DIEGO – The No. 2 Nebraska volleyball team pulled off a thrilling 3-2 (22-25, 25-19, 22-25, 25-22, 15-11) comeback win at No. 25 San Diego on Saturday night at Jenny Craig Pavilion at the SDSU/USD Invitational.

The Huskers trailed the match 2-1 and were down 22-21 in set four to the Toreros, but scored the final four points of the fourth set and then never trailed in set five, capping the victory with a 15-11 final set. Nebraska improved to 4-0 on the season and returns home to host the Ameritas Players Challenge next weekend.

Lexi Sun tied her career high with 21 kills and had 12 digs and four blocks while hitting .318. Lauren Stivrins added 14 kills on .393 hitting with eight blocks. Madi Kubik contributed 11 kills and 16 digs, and Jazz Sweet had nine kills and four blocks.

The Huskers out-blocked San Diego, 12.5 to 7.0. Callie Schwarzenbach added four blocks for the Big Red, and Nicklin Hames had three to go with her 49 assists and a team-high 17 digs.

Nebraska had a .252 to .235 edge in hitting percentage. Kenzie Knuckles chipped in 14 digs, and Megan Miller had 11.

Katie Lukes and Grace Frohling each had 17 kills for the Toreros (2-3).

Lady Huskers are nails. Play one of their worst games in forever (12 net violations) against a very good team, but fight, hold together, and win.

I wish Hames and Stiv would suit up with the football team.

I wish Coach Cook called the offensive plays for the football team...especially in overtime. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back