• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU v. Rhode Island Game Thread

We need new leadership on top.

Time for SE to clean house.

Ranked teams should not lose to unranked teams in any sport. Grounds for firing.

I think Nebraska beats UNO since it's at the Pinnacle Bank Arena. I'm not sure by how much though.

Was out last night and only saw the score. By the play by play on here, it appears NU was killed on the boards. For those who watched, was it bad position? Being lazy and not finding a man to box out? On the offensive end, were they settling for 3's, or was RI packing it inside and daring them to shoot?

Disappointing that Petteway and Pitchford shot so poor! I remember reading player comments saying Walter never misses in practice?

I imagine Coach Miles will use this as a hard lesson. Put all those newspaper clippings about how good they are on the wall and remind them you have to work. Better luck next game!!

Little bit of everything Navy (to my admitedly inexperienced eye). Ranked or not they are Not a bad team, young (underclassmen) but very talented; they'll be contenders!

We shot better than they did, but rebounds killed us, giving them several more chances to get the points, they were just more aggressive (liked the way they got some RBs, went up & kicked it out to save possession). 3s were dismal, think Pitchford's only points were FTs (good to see Benny shooting more & getting points). Seems like there were a lot of poor shots taken - Miles' tweet: We have to keep guarding and be more patient on offense.

All's not lost tho, some players had a slump last year; confident Miles will get it fixed! :nod:

I think Nebraska beats UNO since it's at the Pinnacle Bank Arena. I'm not sure by how much though.

We should, but I am concerned about our outside shooting. We haven't shot well in any of our games from the outside. Plus, we are giving other teams way too many second chance points.

Totally agree! We only lost one game at home, and that was after we had 3 chances to put the ball back into the bucket, but choked..vs Michigan; that will not happen again!

At home, we are invincible, ok? :koolaid:

The only reason we lost to RI? Petteway had his head up his butt the whole night. I don't know if he was still reading his clippings, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt, he just had his "only" bad night of the season.

We will beat UNO by 12, minimum!!!

GO BIG RED!!!!

Last edited:

We should, but I am concerned about our outside shooting. We haven't shot well in any of our games from the outside. Plus, we are giving other teams way too many second chance points.

We are due for a great night, making 3's and rebounding. :) :koolaid:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back